I'm addicted already :)

GoldenMotor.com

skullygrrl

Jun 25, 2008
Beautiful Bend Oregon
So I got my first motorized bike a few weeks ago....I'm all done with the break in period and I am truly ADDICTED!! Not only is it cool and saves me $$ on gas, its GORGEOUS and everyone I see wants to know where I found it...Thank you Roland and the Spooky Tooth crew for changing my life :) Seriously!

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
great looking ride. i like the monkey bars. been thinking about putting some on mine but would have to get all new brake cables and transmission cables. not an easy thing to do in the caribbean. it is a great addiction that is for sure (^)

skullygrrl

Jun 25, 2008
Beautiful Bend Oregon
Thanks! I was worried the handlebars would be too tall for me (I'm a measly 5'3") but luckily they are just perfect. The only bummer about the "looks" of the bike is the red anodized color on the front wheel is rubbing off from brake usage....but it's running great so I can live with that! Ridin' to work again today....

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Glad you are having fun with the bike - and it looks good :)

Keep an eye on bolts - my bike was wriggling alot - turned out the front fork joint bolt had come loose enough to be movable by hand...

Got me a hardhat today - damn thing is huge - but I can tell it'd be a lot tougher than a bike helm - and therefore safer. Never ridden a horse in my life lol

Jemma xx

skullygrrl

Jun 25, 2008
Beautiful Bend Oregon
Thanks Jemma :)

I try to check all my connections before I ride each time...my man has me paranoid!! Hardhat is a good idea! I just ride a skateboarding helmet...so far I haven't needed it....keep your fingers crossed!

"Real Girlz Ride Fast" Cheers, as you Brits say! :)

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
i'm jeff. and i'm her man...lol! I just told her that the 2 stoke engine is very touchy and things could go wrong very quick like.... she is learning everyday. I am proud of her.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
i'm jeff. and i'm her man...lol! I just told her that the 2 stoke engine is very touchy and things could go wrong very quick like.... she is learning everyday. I am proud of her.
glad to meet you,

dont worry - we'll keep an eye out and if she risks her safety she'll have an irate english woman to deal with as well lol... that should scare anyone (and usually does).

You could invest in a tacho and a temperature gauge... a good warning system for problems. I can earball engines well for some reason and know when they arent happy - but its a talent gained with time..

happy biking :)

Jemma xx