Big Mo

GoldenMotor.com

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
I think i am finally gonna get a engine kit. Looking at the grubee starfire gt4. I picked up a big mo for $10 at a yard sale it has alot of the same parts as the occ stingray(just better looking - lol)(jmo). Hoping that engine kit will work out. The seat post is a pain, but i think i can cut it off the seat and attach another post to it. once i decide on the engine kit i will post pic's. any hints on the kit or a better way to do the seat i would be pleased to hear them.

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
well ended up ordering a ZB kit. i took a couple of before pics. still deciding on the seat post. i have a seat i will probably use to start(because i just don't like the way the stock seat looks). so now I'm just waiting for the kit to arrive to get started. - - - Have A Pleasant Day.bld.

Attachments

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Occ Stingray looks better! lol I agree that seat is ugly! i have a really nice occ seat in mint condition on my bike its really awsome.

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
Still waiting for my kit from zoombike. They took about a week to finally ship it, it's supposed to be here the beginning of next week. Tired of waiting I want to start building. Anyway i was bored so I thought I would leave an update. - - - Have A Pleasant Day

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
Well I got my bike running yesterday and my computer going today. To get the rag joint to fit i had to do a little filing. The engine mount I made out of some flat stock that i cut to size the one post i cut out of a seat post(i have several part bikes for the children) the other post i cut a piece out of a BMX frame. Place down the road charged me $5 to weld them together. For the f$#& seat post i cut the post off the original seat then ground two groves(across from each other) in it, for the clamp I used something off of a razor scooter that i had to file the inside of(had a key to stop it from spinning). I had a seat post heated and bent which looked good and sat just about right, but w/ my weight the first good bumps that I went over the poor thing died. The fender i used a hack saw to cut out a notch for the chain(not sure if I'm going to keep it on because it rattles and I think it looks better w/out it(the wife likes it)). It fired up on the kickstand the first try(but i bent the left side of the kickstand a little).

Attachments

Last edited:

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
went for a quick ride around the block and the end of the muffler fell off(went faster tho) and the front mounting post on the gas tank leaks. but I don't really care to much because I planned to make a tank eventually anyway(guess it will have to be sooner than later)

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
So I went out for another ride and the set screw for the clutch arm post broke out. I'm not sure if there are enough threads left in the Engine Sprocket Cover to put in another one. will have to look closer tomorrow in the light.

shadowsaidhe

Apr 15, 2010
maine
most the snow(not the piles of course) finally melted enough to actually see the lawn in some spots. so Wednesday i hooked up the little trailer i got for x-mass. I wasn't sure how it would do between my weight(270) and my daughter and trailer. it ran great. i snapped this pic while waiting in the parking-lot for the ol lady to come out of a appointment(you can see my passengers arm in there). then we got around a foot and a half of snow Friday. oh well. anyway i thought i would put one last update. .crt.

Attachments

pieceofart

Dec 3, 2012
Australia
Hi,
I am trying to build the same thing and I have already cut off the seat post as I plan on re welding one farther back. I just was looking for input on how much chain I will need, and how wide you made the motor mounts.
Thank you.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You need to keep an open mind about this hobby....I have a china girl with LOTS of miles on it, so don't count it out just yet. Once you ride one, you will see.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you have a problem with a vendor your comments must be posted in the 'Swap & Shop' section. All rants against a vendor, whether they are a sponsor here or not will be deleted if they appear in the question & answer sections of the forum.
New members who join only to bash a vendor are not welcome here.

pieceofart

Dec 3, 2012
Australia
I have not done that.
I can and reserve the right to speak my mind as
every member does. I do not spam, and I was
just seeking help on a bike build. Big mo chopper
with a 4.5 rear tyre, I live in Australia. I see no
reason you are such animals about words. I am
a 18 year Mechanic and Boilermaker. One would
think I would not ask for help. But I have the power
of deductive reasoning. This is the part where a community, such as yourself's
come together and gives advice. Other then that you are
nothing more then an advertising platform for
the junk that come's in kit's that are of poor
quality...... It is our duty to report this.
Thanks
Been a blast....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sorry to hear if there has been a misunderstanding and bad feelings. A lot of us here buy parts and engines from anywhere and I for one am not running any kit engines.
It sounds like with your experience that this hobby is right for you and I'm sure that you would have much to contribute to us. Hope you'll reconsider and if not then I wish you good luck, mate.
SB

pieceofart

Dec 3, 2012
Australia
WELL,
I AM A HOBBY MAN. I HAVE ABOUT 11 HELI'S AND 1 TRUCK. I WENT TO THE HELIS' TO IMPROVE MY SKILL BUT REALLY THEY ARE VERY HARD, AND BEFORE YOU FLY, YOU MUST BUY A TRAINER. I HAVE ALL QUALITY BLADE HELI'S, E-SKY, EXI, FUTABA, SPECTRUM, ECT..... 450 SCALE+

AS FAR AS BIKES AND BEING A 18 YEAR WELDER AT THE AGE OF 35 I HAVE SOME WICKED DRAWINGS OF SOME SWEET BIKES. MOSTLY CHOPPERS AND CRUISERS. I AM HERE TO SHARE AND CONTRIBUTE, NOT TO SPAM, LIKE ALL THE CRAP ON THE SIDES OF THIS FOUM. I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING. TONY AT ROCK SOLID IS A REAL MAN. HE WILL STAND BEHIND HIS EQUIPMENT. AND WHEN YOU BUY A KIT FROM A MAN WHO IS A FITTER/TURNER HIMSELF. YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA GET QUALITY AND BACKUP IF A PART FAILS.
TONY AS I GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HIM IS A MAN WHO WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR A PROBLEM YOU CANNOT FIX. HE IS A TURNER AND KNOWS HIS BUSINESS. BUY FROM THEM AND YOU WILL HAVE HAPPY DAY'Z. I SPOKE TO HIM FOR ABOUT 30 MIN AND I WILL SAY HE WILL TURN/MAKE/BUILD/ SUPPORT ANY PROJECT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH.

I WISH I HAD BOUGHT MY BOX/KIT FROM HIM AS OPPOSED TO ZBOX.
WHERE YOU CAN BUY A KNIFE SET AND A TOASTER AS WELL.

I WILL NOT TOTALLY SLAM ZBOX AS THEY ARE HELPFUL, BUT THE KNOWLEDGE IS NOT THERE. YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE SPEAKING TO A RETROVISION TV SALESMAN. I WAS SO EXCITED LIKE A KID ON CHRISTMAS
AND I GOT MY BOX AND NOTHING BUT RUBBISH SPILLED OUT.....

PHONE CALLS WERE MADE, AND THEY DID SEND ME SOME THINGS, BUT NOTHING THAT WOULD WORK FOR MY APPLICATION. THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE
DOING A SHIPPING TRANSFER. THERE IS KNOW Z-BOX SHOP. I HATE TO SAY IT IS LIKE ROLLING THE DICES WITH THESE MOTORS.
YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND ZBOX SHIPPED TO ME FOR FREE AS I AM ON A DISABILITY PENSION.
THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE COMPANY. BUT LOOK AT THE PHOTO GAL IT IS ALL FROM LIKE 4 YEARS AGO. WTF.....IT IS WHEN THEY STARTED OUT SOURCING.......TO THE GOVERNMENT WE WILL ALL BE PAYING FOR. CHINA
CHEAP AS CHIPS=== HA HA--- WHILE HONEST FITTERS AND TURNERS HAVE NO WORK HERE IN AUSTRALIA, OR ARE BEING PAID MONEY THAT WILL NOT SUPPORT A FAMILY. IT IS ALL AT THE TOP, AND IT STARTS AND ENDS WITH PACKER..... YOU LURCH OF A SOUL.... PAY THE MEN WHAT AWARD ALLOWS AND ABOVE. HE IS NOW PAYING BELOW AWARD, AND MINIMUM WAGE. HIS HEAD ON A PLATE WOULD BE WORTH SOME JAIL TIME AND I BET a fair few coin. HE FLYS A FANCY CHOPPER, AND A JET AND A YAGHT, RIDE AND SPPORT THIS LOBBY KERRY. TERRY, JAMES WHO EVER YOU ARE........trlrl.