I wish this site had an iphone app!

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Wouldn't it be so nice if we had an iphone app? Then we could keep up on the go. We could read/search threads, check and update our profile, and post and respond to threads.

One big advantage I see is continued revenue for the site. When someone creates an app they get 80% of the sales from it and apple keeps the other 20%. It could be on the app store for two or three bucks or something like that. We would be willing to pay that, and the revenue can go to running and maintaining this site.

What do you guys think?

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Really? You need an app for the iphone to view the site? My Andriod phone doesn't. :p

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya i can view no problem on my iphone and post in chat to. its small but works in a pinch. their is an app out thier for the ipone but it is like 3 to 5 bucks. the software for the appp to work has messed up a few forums so i am not going to chance it

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
ok, just an idea. I have never tried the site on the iphone. The app would make it better like my wife is always on the facebook app and it is a lot better then doing it on the web browser. I wouldn't want it to mess up this site.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Well I love it! I know there are two camps when it comes to the iphone. The first camp are the people who can't live without it, and the second camp laughs at the first camp for caring so much about a cell phone lol. Maybe some day ask your son in law to give you a tour of his phone and see what you think. Who knows you may go from camp 2 to camp 1!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I almost never go anywhere other than to ride my bike. My wife summed it up perfectly. If you aren't home in two hours I'll go looking. She named off the places I go then said if you aren't along those routes, you have been kidnapped.

So far I have been able to push the bike home since Im never more than about three miles away.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
My wife and I have Google Latitude installed on our phones so when I get home from a ride she goes "Did you have a nice ride around Park Lake?", luckily it's not accurate enough for her to tell that I've stopped for ice cream on my way around the lake. laff

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
My wife and I have Google Latitude installed on our phones so when I get home from a ride she goes "Did you have a nice ride around Park Lake?", luckily it's not accurate enough for her to tell that I've stopped for ice cream on my way around the lake. laff
that is the last app i would ever install lol. i would be getting calls all the time. "paul are you at the bar again"
:-||

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
You guys remember the ol first clunky big bulletproof nokia everyone had? didnt really do anything but make calls. Now my Propel is my mp3 player, camera, laptop, and watch, alarm clock, and calender, o yea and its a game boy too.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My cell has more memory then my first PC. But in it's defense it had a really cool toggle on/off switch.

I had thought of this a while back and ment to ask hiker how involved it would be but "MotorBicycling.com" The game. Sort of pass go, collect $200 but in our case, the gas station. Speed past a cop, lose gas points. Grand theft auto sort of thing but much, much slower (and louder) Could make it DL'able as an app or play online like one of the 8 gazillion games out there. Way, way beyond my skills but be a fun thing. LOL, MB online tournys!

I just picked this out as an example. Wow, they got way better. Used to be sort of stick figure shaped things or geometric.

Truck Mania - Free Action Game from AddictingGames!