Bikes on Sale

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I just picked up a couple cruisers online at wallyworld online. DelMars are $99 and come with a $20 dollar walmart card and Free Shipping.Cranebrooks are $89 with the same card and free shipping. Really just need the frames and a few other things but most everything else will go especially that god awful electric blue.
Cheers
Chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Well I got home late from work last night, and the bikes were at the house..had to open up one. Of course one fender was dented and scratched, headbadge (sticker) was crooked and damaged..but whatever.headbadge was going to go , and if they wont re-place the fender it just gives Me an excuse to get a set of woodys. But now I have to get rid of the factory stickers..I tried the search function, I know I saw some info once but now I cant find it. How do I get rid of those stickers.
Cheers
Chainmaker

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Yeah, I've looked over those bikes. The Delmar looks "cheapened" even more for '10 BUT other than the chainring, the Cranny looks BETTER! Did you notice the heavy spokes and wider rims? The best looking WallyBike Cruiser, IMO, is the Huffy 'NelLusso'. Same heavier spokes with even wider rims and a heavy duty rear rack welded to the frame. The "girls" style Huffy has retained wheels & spokes from '09. Good Luck with your builds!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I wanted to go with at Wal-Mart its called The Huffy Classic Cruiser,the same as the Panama Jack, and the one You were referring to, but all were out of stock..so I got this one Im replacing everything but the frame,and rack, ordering dbl wall fw/disc wheels. Really would like to know how to get those decals off !!

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Well, if you can't simply peel them off, try a heat gun on LOW or even a hair dryer and keep it moving as to not damage the paint. Once warm the decals should peel off easier and then use a solvent to remove the glue. If Isopropel Alcohol won't work then "GoofOff" or similar should. From the looks of them, they should come off easily! BTW, I was born in NewBedford and as a kid visited my grandparents in SouthDartmouth annually. Even saw your "Rock" once. Take care.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Just an update, I got the bike in the Mail a couple weeks ago, Fed-Ex did a great job of denting a fender ( Wallyworld came through and credited Me back another $25.00 for the damage so I only paid $54.00) They came with a heavy clearcoat over the decals so I buffed it with 0000 steel wool, primed, sanded and painted it. It came out pretty good You can hardly notice the little rippled from where I smoothed out the fender. On another note when I was putting it back together I was having a B%*#H of a time with the bottom brackett going back together... after close inspection I realized that one of the bearings were the wrong size(Quality control ??) this was confirmed by my LBS and was fixed with a $2.25 replacement.
Cheers
Chainmaker

thuginfc

Nov 28, 2009
F.W.B. Florida
if you didnt realize walmart bikes ar built in the bike by either a really old guy who cant see the parts corectly or by some teenage kid who thinks he knows how to work on bikes cause he changed a tire or 2 so the quality control is my own eyes and knowing whats siposta be where and how it rides in store. i aint scared of getting told not to ride a bike in the store when im bout to drop a benjamen or 2

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It ain't just Wally-mart, quality control in almost every product is crap now. Assembly of mechanical parts, by people who's idea of high tech is running water, leaves a lot to be desired.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
I have been seeing these OP cruisers in wallyworld for about a month now. I heard about them on Rat Rod Bikes and went to check them out. I like the lines of the frame and it's basically blacked out. It does have retarded stickers but that is minor. I saw this Panama Jack bike at wally world. There was a lot going on with that one. It did have a bottle opener riveted to the headtube. That was neat.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That panama Jack is the same as the Huffy Classic cruiser without the "branding" ..It is if I remember correctly $20 cheaper if You buy the non panama jack version. I havent seen that one in the stores but they do have it online.