Electra Ghostrider/Ratfink w/4-stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

Paul491

Mar 18, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Hello! This is my first post. Newbie here... .bld.

I really like the style and seeming good quality of the Electra Ghostrider. Is it a good bike for an engine? If so, what's the best (cost vs. reliability) 4-stroke that can be installed?

The Ghostrider has a pretty large frame with stout 24x3" tires. Are there any "bolt on" kits out there that you can recommend?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us. I am not an expert but here is my $.02 worth. That is a nice looking bike but may not make the best motorized bicycle. First thing that jumps out at me are brakes, or lack of them. It appears to only have coaster brakes. This is not sufficient for a rider your size along with the added weight of the engine to the bike. There are many 4 stroke option out there that should work. There are rack mounts which would be a pretty simple install on that bike but IMHO are ugly and why would you want to put an engine where your bike rack should go? The in frame kits should be doable on that frame but due to the large distance from the seat tube to the down tube I don't know if the stock mounts that come with the 4 stroke kits will be long enough. A little fabrication could fix that though. So there you have it, my $.02 worth.

Paul491

Mar 18, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome, Ghost. Your comment about the lack of brakes are well taken... Any suggestions how to best add a disc brake to the front wheel?

Aesthetically, I hope to accomplish a low frame-mount for the engine.

Maybe a gas tank tucked in behind & below the seat?

Your .02 cents, as well as any others, are gratefully appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

drunkdaddy69

Mar 20, 2010
texas
Thanks for the warm welcome, Ghost. Your comment about the lack of brakes are well taken... Any suggestions how to best add a disc brake to the front wheel?

Aesthetically, I hope to accomplish a low frame-mount for the engine.

Maybe a gas tank tucked in behind & below the seat?

Your .02 cents, as well as any others, are gratefully appreciated! Thanks!
i bought and love the ghostrider. i was told u cant use disk unless the rims are compatable. which means they would have a disk on there already. so u would have to buy a new front rim. also i realized that i need to install a crossbar or anglebar somehow to install a motor.
let me know what u decide as i bought this bike to put a motor on, but for now laffi think ill just enjoy it as is.

Paul491

Mar 18, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Okay, I just bought a nice used OCC Stingray chopper... Got a great deal, so it looks like I'm headin' down a new road... I will start another thread to get some much needed direction and advice from you guys on the build. Thanks!

Cheers!
Paul