Target Cruiser Bike

GoldenMotor.com

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
Saw it a little while ago in the store, can't find it on the website now though.

Some kind of cruiser, no name I'd ever heard of. Anyone know what I'm talking about.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I was just in a Target store and out of curiosity looked at the bikes. Every 26 inch bike looked identical except for the color and the name. I swear, they were the same bike. They all had suspension forks, knobby tires and no fenders. They were Schwinns, all aluminum frames and fat down and seat tubes Did not see one cruiser style bike and when I asked the saleslady, she said the Jaguar has been discontinued and that the bikes on display was their entire line of bicycles. Hmmm. Maybe Colorado Targets only sell mountain bikes now.
Tom

piston powered

Dec 3, 2009
tampa fl
work at a Target in Tampa , we still sell the Jaguar , I think the bike your looking for is the Magna Rip curl . Cruizer, Simi gloss black , wide whites , No fenders.

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
Magna Rip Curl! That's it.

Any idea if it's an ok bike? I really like the style. Perhaps not to put an engine on, but just as a pedal bike.

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Saw it a little while ago in the store, can't find it on the website now though.

Some kind of cruiser, no name I'd ever heard of. Anyone know what I'm talking about.
was it a Next crusier ???? check wal-mart they a couple of new crusier bike in there stock now!!!!.wee.

piston powered

Dec 3, 2009
tampa fl
It's a toy store bike so dont expect perfection , But It looks kool and it's a simple setup and it under $100 . I was planing to get one after the holidays and do a M/B built

piston powered

Dec 3, 2009
tampa fl
what would be a better buy for a non motorized bike? A Huffy Cranbrook, or a Magna Rip Curl?
When I was a Kid I saw a sticker that said " If Huffy made an airplane , Would you fly in it ?" I have never been a fan of Huffy but I haven't seen the Cranbrook so I cant say who is better . But i really dig the Rip Curl is has that Rat Rod look . brnot

ratdc

Dec 13, 2009
dc
Hi sorry for being a smartass...

Schwinn is by Pacific Cycles and Magna is by Dynacraft. Rip Curl is $99 and was on sale last week for $79.

i build bikes at a target in MD (and no not all department store bikes are built by pimply faced kids who know nothing about bikes)

yes they took out them off the website. we still carry the schwinn jaguars (navy blue and silver-old model, white and silver gray- newer model) and they are somehow on the discontinued list according to the computer. but we still have a lot of them, the store you went to probably just didnt have them built (maybe because they have that pimply faced kid building them) they were on sale last week too for $125. and i dont recommend them cause i find them crappy. try looking for the schwinn gridlock too (commuter bike), it has potentials of a good motorized bike costs $249 though, on sale this week, less $30 if i remember right.

although i despise all magna bikes, i'd go for the rip curl too. its a pretty solid bike, and the front sprocket looks better than the huffy. not all the target stores carry them though. we got one shipped to our store by mistake. and it is way cooler than the cranbrook, which is just a jaguar cruiser with fenders, no brakes and no rear derailler.

if the one in our store hasnt been bought yet by today, im setting it aside for myself first thing tomorrow morning.

first build!!! woohoo!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Schwinn is by Pacific Cycles and Magna is by Dynacraft. Rip Curl is $99 and was on sale last week for $79.

i build bikes at a target in MD (and no not all department store bikes are built by pimply faced kids who know nothing about bikes)

yes they took out them off the website. we still carry the schwinn jaguars (navy blue and silver-old model, white and silver gray- newer model) and they are somehow on the discontinued list according to the computer. but we still have a lot of them, the store you went to probably just didnt have them built (maybe because they have that pimply faced kid building them) they were on sale last week too for $125. and i dont recommend them cause i find them crappy. try looking for the schwinn gridlock too (commuter bike), it has potentials of a good motorized bike costs $249 though, on sale this week, less $30 if i remember right.

although i despise all magna bikes, i'd go for the rip curl too. its a pretty solid bike, and the front sprocket looks better than the huffy. not all the target stores carry them though. we got one shipped to our store by mistake. and it is way cooler than the cranbrook, which is just a jaguar cruiser with fenders, no brakes and no rear derailler.

if the one in our store hasnt been bought yet by today, im setting it aside for myself first thing tomorrow morning.

first build!!! woohoo!!!
There are a quite a few satisfied Jaguar owners here, me included, who will take offence at your opinions of that bike. I have two that perform perfectly and both are very high milage bikes. The only weak area I've found on them is the kickstand mount. The frame is rigid, very good quality welds and the hubs, bearings,brakes and other critical parts are above standard for a department store bicycle. I've welded on both of my Jags and the metal quality is good. (TIG welds require clean metal). No we didn't pay hundreds of dollars for them but we didn't buy an overpriced name either. Sorry you have such a low opinion of an otherwise good bike.
Tom

ratdc

Dec 13, 2009
dc
i apologize for coming on too strong and offending you and the others.

if you notice, i wrote: "i" dont recommend them cause "i" find them crappy. which only expressess "my" opinion. otherwise i would have written "it is a crappy bike" in general.

i work at target for $9/hour and drive a '96 geo metro, so i am no millionaire. and i do appreciate and value cheap or to re-phrase it, affordable quality finds myself.

you know you have a good bike so it shouldnt bother, nor matter to you what i think. at the same time i understand that youre only expressing your opinion too and i respect that.

i was just letting my preference be known since i have been working on these bikes for so long and i was basing it, again on "my" experience with the bike.

we are all entitled to our opinions which is what the forums are all about.

if it would appease you i would be more than happy to delete that part or the whole post altogether. i would not want to ruffle up some feathers this early in the forum, most specially with the mods.

again i apologize...

BTW i love your Ford, but thats just "my" opinion ;)

peace!

jolly

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i apologize for coming on too strong and offending you and the others.

if you notice, i wrote: "i" dont recommend them cause "i" find them crappy. which only expressess "my" opinion. otherwise i would have written "it is a crappy bike" in general.

i work at target for $9/hour and drive a '96 geo metro, so i am no millionaire. and i do appreciate and value cheap or to re-phrase it, affordable quality finds myself.

you know you have a good bike so it shouldnt bother, nor matter to you what i think. at the same time i understand that youre only expressing your opinion too and i respect that.

i was just letting my preference be known since i have been working on these bikes for so long and i was basing it, again on "my" experience with the bike.

we are all entitled to our opinions which is what the forums are all about.

if it would appease you i would be more than happy to delete that part or the whole post altogether. i would not want to ruffle up some feathers this early in the forum, most specially with the mods.

again i apologize...

BTW i love your Ford, but thats just "my" opinion ;)

peace!

jolly
No offence taken, no feathers ruffled. By the way; welcome to the forum and yes, we all have differing opinions. As with all forms of written communication, without the ability to be face to face, comments sometimes are taken out of context. That's just a limitation of our electronic age. And you're very correct in that forums like this one is for sharing knowledge and...opinions. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla. Keep us informed of your progress on that first build. Ride safe, have fun.
Tom

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Kinda nice to have someone in the back of the store. Now we can run some of the bikes by the ones that mess with all of them. It would be nice to have a forum for all the places that we get bikes from and we could check for availability and new models and sales. Have fun, Dave

piston powered

Dec 3, 2009
tampa fl

Schwinn is by Pacific Cycles and Magna is by Dynacraft.
I am also a builder for Target " JOY" .Is funny that you said magna is dynacraft , all my order forms for repair / replacment parts lable Magna as Pacific Cycles , I fill out those forms almost daily due to shipping damage or just neglagent back room team members . Gotta check out a shipper box in the A.M . Welcome to the forum and nice to see another Target bike guy on here.brnot

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
When I was a Kid I saw a sticker that said " If Huffy made an airplane , Would you fly in it ?" I have never been a fan of Huffy but I haven't seen the Cranbrook so I cant say who is better . But i really dig the Rip Curl is has that Rat Rod look . brnot

wow, i totally forgot about that. i think that was an old BMX sticker. it also made me remember that all the Huffy "BMX" bikes used to come with a sticker that read: "this bicycle not designed for stunting, jumping, or off road use" or something like that...

in my opinion, Huffy hasn't made a good bike since 1957.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Just got back from Target and saw a few Rip Curl bikes on display. One in particular caught my eye because someone assembled it incorrectly and put the forks on backwards! I'll bet that's a handful to ride at speed! Finding out that it was on sale recently for $79 bucks really gets me. Had i known that, there would be one waiting for an engine at my house! Wonder if it'll go on sale again any time soon? Any insights Target assembly guys? Hmmm?