Pocket bike carb

GoldenMotor.com

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
It doesn't, does it. I got in a shipment of these to try out, but I have not had much expereince with carbs, so I thought I would ask.
Thanks

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
if yours is running better, then you berrer check your jetting. mine runs like a bag of **** and is lean lean lean.....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Does it have any adjustment screws? Air bleed, or mixture type?

I does look different than the stock carb, but I can really tell what's going on there from the photos.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
its a flatslide carb, with a single main jet that the pilot and idle circuits run off.

so, i dont imagine you can really drill it out, becaue you would have to in turn drill the pilo and idle holes as well. 3 holes, one jet.

i took it off. CNS is the way to go

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
the intake I did in about 2 min. , I have since built a better one. All is working well, just doesn't have anything to adjust airflow or anything else. Just a waste relly. It does look better but thats it.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
the intake I did in about 2 min. , I have since built a better one. All is working well, just doesn't have anything to adjust airflow or anything else. Just a waste relly. It does look better but thats it.
That's the bugger with the SHA's, real deals or the clones...ya get one jet, an idle screw and that's about it. I got a couple here collecting dust.

A PHVA or PHVB clone would be the way to go...

Last edited:

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
and speaking of working well, my engine is coming back to life from its 30 clicks running on pure air and gasoline fumes..... phew.
the pk80 really is a good little engine lol

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
How far is a "click"?

I wonder if the pocketbike mufflers can fit Grubee/HT 2str. I put a briggs copy box muffler on my ht in lieu of a expansion muffler (hauls ass but loud), although its cocked at an angle.

I have thought of trying to find a 2hp briggs edger carb. They have a float, idle screw, and maybe mixture screw, and good venturi design. They have a butterfly valve that you can operate by a linkage or cable pull. There are tons of good filters and boxes for them if you have room.

and speaking of working well, my engine is coming back to life from its 30 clicks running on pure air and gasoline fumes..... phew.
the pk80 really is a good little engine lol