OCC stingray:

GoldenMotor.com

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.
What engine are the people using that has this bike? I am looking at the Raw 80cc kit from Zone8cycling. I sent then a E-Mail asking if this engine kit would work on the OCC stingray and they replied that it might but would need some modification of the engine mounting. Has anyone used this kit on a OCC stingray? Thank you, Don B.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yes custom motor mounts are required, also the sprocket may not fit right depending on your particular version of OCC sting ray, exhaust must be modified to.. 80 (66) cc is sufficient for the bike. Pulls my grown arse straight up very steep hills with maybe just a minimal peddle!

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.
Thank you Terronthesnake for your reply. I noticed that in the Raw 80cc kit from Zone8cycling that the kit has a universal mounting plate. I E-mailed them but have not receivced a reply asking about the modifications needed. Don B.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Look at a few of my threads about the occ and many others here before you decide plus you can get more info doing searches of the threads here than the company would be able to give you any way most likely. Do you have access to a welder? I have some schematics of a movable motor mount if you would like me to draw it up.

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.
Terronthe snake, I will do the search on the OCC. Yes I do have a welder, so if you would draw the schematic, it will be greatly appreciated. This is my first attemp on motorizing a bike. Thank you, Don B.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
OK so here it is, my apologies if this sucks but I'll try and explain. So the mount is a sliding mount. Two strong steel "u" shaped peices are welded to the frame in the proper positions, thus providing supports for our sliding plate. In hindsight of my own I would just use two long rails instead of the way pictured. The grey parts illustrate the three bolt setup. One is the "lock down" (Circled in green) Bolt, should be of large diameter and good grade. The other two are the clockable or slide adjust bolts(circled in blue)and should also be high grade. My original one has a small mount I have made(labeled 1), but I find it a challenge to get a tool in there. My new design is going to have two holes drilled through the front downtube and additional support bungs be put in place(labeled2). Notice the offset when looking at the front of the plate the mounts have to be offset just under an inch, so plate itself mounts directly center but the support tube and backside brace are offset. The image is as if looking at the front, so the offset is to the left side of the wheel. If I missed anything or you wanna ask any questions feel free.

Attachments