stupid jag

GoldenMotor.com

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
alright so i got my jag all ready to go on tue. wed. i took a nice little spin around the neighborhood. then today Friday i noticed my pipe was not sitting very well. i made my own mount and it worked great. The issue is now my engine is to tall and my pipe is coming down and making contact with the mount and not letting it screw tight to the motor. it is leaking. i tried bending the pipe and failed. i ended up making the pipe hit the pedals but clear the mount. so i keep taking one step forward and two steps back. i have tried redesigning my engine mount but found that it was much easier to adapt the pipe to the mount then the mount to the bike. i am now wondering if i should just trash that pipe (it is now pretty beat up and has places where it will leak) and buy a poo poo pipe for around 60. or get another pipe like the messed up one and redesign my mount. what i did was put spacers on the front mount and got a wide peace of aluminium and put it on top and bottom and bolted it together. what are your thoughts on the poo poo pipes? it would solve my issue the best i think. any feed back and or pictures are more than welcome i would post pictures of my bike but its in pieces in my garage.

thanks
spencer

daviddabikeist

Jul 11, 2009
australia
hello spencer

i was wondering where your engine was mounted?? in the middle of the bike or at the back if it is in the middle thats pretty tough.. but never fear i think i have a solution
you can buy custom made pipes for you i recomend you bouy one at a 90 degree angle that may work hope this helps.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hi why dont you go to ebay and go to mini pocket bike exaust i think that will solve your problem i think they go around 9.00 dollars plus shipping

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
ok, i have two pipes i'm not using. one is chrome and one is black...would you be interested in buying one or both? it would a lot less than $60 i can take some pics if you'd like

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Spence,
I don't know what metal working skills you have but here is an idea for your Jag exhaust. The pipe is 3/4" elecrtical conduit, called EMT. I used the kit muffler, a conduit bender and wire feed welder to fabricate this exhaust. Hope this gives you some ideas to work with.
Tom

Attachments

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
i just want to say how much i love this forum! everyone on here is great! but any way 2 door that is exactly what i am looking to do i think they call those poo poo pipes. i know i cant turn my pipe into that. do the pocket bike pipes bolt right on? i remounted the engine so its set much much nicer. i also took a thick piece of rubber and put it around the frame in both contact points to try and cut the vibrations. was that stupid or might it actually work?
thank you for all the input i am really enjoying this project much more because of you guys and this forum. i will get pictures on tomarow of my chopper (as i call it)
spencer

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
vball,
I'm not a big fan of rubber isolation at the mounts. In my opinion it increases the vibration not dampen them. If the engine is mounted solidly the vibes are absorbed by the frame and are somewhat dampened. I'll get arguments on this but I stand by it as do a lot of builders. I can't offer any help on the pocketbike pipes never having used one but others have. Maybe one of them will chime in. I've seen the Poo Poo pipes but have not used one of those either. I would assume they are much like what you see on my Jag. I'm currently building my second Jag and want to experiment with another exhaust idea I have bouncing around in my pea brain. It should work okay but I want it a little quieter if at all possible. Keep us posted on your progress and glad you're enjoying the forum. There are so many talented people here and the diversity of ideas is always amazing to me.
Tom

Last edited:

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
alright so i ditched all of the elaborate exhaust pipe ideas out the window and bought a stock pipe. i have found exactly where i need to bend it slightly and it will be set. i cant wait i have a headlight that should get here any day and the pipe and i am set! then i can get those pics up and show everyone what a mess i have made. i am just going to pull the rubber out after i try it there already there so why not.
thanks again

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
picked up this pipe off ebay for $25 made 1 cut to twist it. silicone hose good to 400 deg f. to join them together.. bent a piece of 1' wide steel i picked up at ace. around the muffler drilled a hole got a longer bolt for the lower idler mount and bolted it up there. also added a bracket where the kickstand was to support it and keep it away from the pedals. took all the baffles out of the muffler so now it act's like a expansion chamber. has alot more torque now and sounds more like a 2 stroke motorcycle not a moped.

Attachments