custom mounts with shift kit...?

GoldenMotor.com

Jul 4, 2009
california
hey all, i'm really new to this forum and still trying to figure out my first motor kit install...
anyway, a custom chopper buddy of mine is installing my chinese two stroke motor with some anti vibration mounts, and my question is, before he gets too far into it, is the motor placement critical when using a shift kit? it looks like the jack shaft comes off behind the down tube, and i wasn't sure how much play there is with the kit (sick bike parts)... it appears to bolt to the motor on one end, and the down tube on the other. i'm assuming every bicycle has slightly different placement for the motor depending on frame angles and sizes? how does the shift kit allow for that? or does it? thanks in advance!
robert.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Hi Robert,

Do you have pictures of the bike? With a picture I am certain we could answer all of your questions.

Jul 4, 2009
california
cool thanks, great pics of the jack shaft there, i was amazed at the detail of the sick bike parts manual... plus it appears that they *edit: it appears YOU* have some mounts i can modify... i think i'm going to call my buddy today and have him quit on this until i get some parts and see what i can do.

Last edited: