clutch not engaging.

GoldenMotor.com

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
As far as noise goes. The only time mine makes any whinning noise is when it's actualy accelorateing with me on it. I.E, when under strain. If it's makeing a lot of noise just when you rev it even when the final drive gear is engaged on the center stand with rear wheel free to spin, it may be the clutch bell is rubbing slightly on the hole were the gear box houseing bolts to the engine. It's a fairly close tolerence there and when I used the supplied gasket and some liquid gasket that little extra thickness from preformed gasket caused the clutch bell to rub on the inside gearbox houseing opening no matter how tight I had the bolts holding it all on. Once I took the gasket away and just used the liquid gasket sealer, the problem stoped. It may have been that mine was machined with less tolerence than others but there may be more with the same imperfection. So like I say just reveing it in place shouldn't make any noise except what the bell spinning on the racer makes.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Glack, for the life of me I can not figure this out. GB is now stuffed with lithium and running flawlessly and amazingly quite. The gasket between the GB and engine disintegrated and it is closer contact. (have to get a new one but not really knowing wut was wrong...)

Sitting here thunking about it, could the washer have been hanging it up some how? No clearances have been greatly effected and the kit sat for a year. I dunno. makes no sence.