PipeLyne pipe

GoldenMotor.com

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Well I got my new pipe....Verrry good work,Nice pipe...Installed in minutes...I think I have just about worn out my motor trying to tune it now.....I thought it would need to be richer so I kept dealing with trying to go richer.....Plug kept getting darker,so I put on a STOCK carb. I had.....It ran on top very good but middle needed work....Got that , now it won`t idle worth a crap....When I ride it and coming to a stop and pull the clutch in, it seems to not want to come down to idle, revs are sky high...I though it was gonna blow for a min. till I hit the kill button.....Whats up with that, cable not bound or kinked....No air leak, o-ring in carb.....Still way lean on the ??????
Thanks,
Paul.....

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
That sounds like a carb, linkage or air leak problem. Sometimes even though the cable is not kinked, the cable could fall out of the cable adjuster. Try wiring the throttle cable and attach it to the cable adjuster on the carb. This will prevent the cable from pulling out & getting caught up on the cable adjuster. Also check near your throttle. If all else fails, use a stronger throttle spring.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Thanks, thats my next place to look at......I`ve had the top off the carb. so many times changing needle height it might have got a kink in it.....
Thankyou,
P....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Figured out why she was n`t coming back to idle and over revving.....Big time air leak at the carb. manifold where carb. connects to it....I put a regular hose clamp on it and cured the prob......Even though I put an o ring in the carb. it still leaked vac.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
AFTER getting it jetted and tuned right, it runs alot better.....Smoother transition between off idle to top speed....I`m actually out running my rear sprocket now....I need a smaller one,I have a 40 toother coming....Just a little louder than the stock one thats modified....Has that dirt bike cackle now.....More torque on the bottom to mid....