down to 2

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
From four bikes I am not down to two. I have a 42cc chainsaw bike and a 33 cc chainsaw bike. The 42 I am saving for trips to the store and using the 33 as my test bike.

It should be interesting to see how long I can hold out with just the two of them.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I sold the china bike and I have the other one in pieces not to be reassembled but used for parts. Im cleaning up the shop... wife's idea

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
just a thing with them. Unless you work in the space you can't figure out why there are tools on the floor. You just can't build a bike on a work bench.

I would have gone with one of those cool old French coal stoves lol. really screw up the local air quality readings.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Now that I am down to total friction drive bikes, I think about why I like them so much. Sure they are easier to build. Yes they are cheap since any alternate engines are all over the place, the are quieter as well since there is no chain rattle to drive me insane.

I know there are drawbacks but someone should keep experimenting with them. I guess for a while longer that will be me.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Deacon & shoes, I wonder how many folks you have helped. You both really do community service by sharing your concepts and creations. Always offering food for thought as well.

Spouse thing.
LOL, the Baby's Momma trys to clean up the tools/shop or cellar wile I am working' on things. I literally yell. she quietly tells me "oh stop" and I do. what amazes me is she can 2 or 300 hundred tools and get them in a space designed for half that, in good order.
I think of it like dinner. If I complain, the next day I am on my own. With us or me, discretion is the better part of valor and a full belly. lol.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
my wife and i have had a rule for the last twenty plus years. The person it bothers the most fixes it. Of in her cases complains until I fix it.

The junk in the shop doesn't really bother her till she needs something. Her mother's dishes caused the loss of the excess bike parts,

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
At the moment I have only one operating bike. Yikes that makes me nervous. I need to finish the mount on the new Scout bike, then figure out what to do about the WW bike. I'm torn on it.

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
Well, its understanable now. Im not even finished with my 33 Saw and im already looking forward to the next build. I can see how my shop will soon be full of bike stuff. I have to stop the bike fix and get back to my paying work.

When ever i clean my shop, i end up getting frustrated when working because i forget were i put everything. Custom fabrication requires good organization.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
And I thought it was wild imagination that was required. And of course three of everything so you could find at least one of them at any given time.