212cc Felt....ride to Pat's and back......

GoldenMotor.com

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
.duh..I second the stop sign thing, Terry. don't really care if he gets himself
kilt, but it makes the rest of us look bad.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Oh come on, everbody does it,'specialy on bicycles, when they know no cops are around. How's it gonna kill you if you know there's nothing coming that will hit you..

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Oh come on, everbody does it,'specialy on bicycles, when they know no cops are around. How's it gonna kill you if you know there's nothing coming that will hit you..
That was very well put Wayne. While it is definetly wrong and against the law, I don't promote or encourage anyone to ride like I do. I've held a class C and M1 drivers licence in California for nearly 40yrs. now and have had 1 moving violation in all that time.....speeding on my XL600R at age 27. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to driving and riding on every concievable type of public road known to man and even moreso in the dirt (desert and Baja included). If I get killed on the road whilst riding an MaB, car, truck, motorcycle or whatever, it will more than likely be caused by the idiot texting while running a red light, stop sign and you can fill in the blanks from there.

I may sound and look like some type of hypocrite but just know "I never run stop lights, stop signs or text while driving 4 wheeled vehicles and absolutely despise the millions that do"

Do not ride how I ride.....it truly CAN get you killed and I am very serious when I say this! Use your head, wear a helmet (regardless of state laws) and really watch out for all of the otherl idiots on the road.....you better believe I do.

dnut

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
There is a bit of difference between a rolling stop where one slows almost to
a stop and the pedals onto throttle as opposed to blowing right on thru a stop.
Twice, I believe I saw cars coming from the other direction in your video close
enough that they probably hit the brakes, but go ahead, get yourself squashed.
I know what that's like personally. I doubt you'll enjoy it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
There is a bit of difference between a rolling stop where one slows almost to
a stop and the pedals onto throttle as opposed to blowing right on thru a stop.
Twice, I believe I saw cars coming from the other direction in your video close
enough that they probably hit the brakes, but go ahead, get yourself squashed.
I know what that's like personally. I doubt you'll enjoy it.
No worries.....and no one hit there brakes on my account but they may have for the huge drainage dips that you failed to see.

In my Mtn. biking days, I've been taken out by a Camaro turning right in front on me and cutting me off at an intersection and have also had an old Chevy Blazer II drivers door open up in my face and I was fully clipped in and flew over the door. Both occations due to those drivers neglegence. I've made it to 54 years old so far, I doubt you could teach me how to ride better or more defensive....watch your own skin.

dnut

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I'm 63 and still here no thanks to the to some of the drivers I've encountered as
well. Getting smashed up is still no fun. i.e. 2 shattered legs, a broken arm, back,
neck, and multiple skull fractures. I'm still riding, but I do my best to prevent a
recurrence. I'm one tough hombre, but I ain't as brave as I useta wuz.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here we go, try this video.......no laws were broken and I was even wearing my full face DOT approved helmet while observing and revving my little innocent engine. And it's really short and not too boring also. Notice how I run it outdoors so as not to kill myself? Do not try this at home yourself, it is potentially dangerous in several ways.

MVI_The Sound of an HS 49cc - YouTube

dnut

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Fulltimer,
A rolling stop has been clearly defined and is legal for cyclists in Oregon.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
scotto, now i know that was YOU in the motovelo video. don't worry all the people in leisure world blow stop sign's all the time. it comes with age.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
scotto, now i know that was YOU in the motovelo video. don't worry all the people in leisure world blow stop sign's all the time. it comes with age.
Welp, cats outta the bag.......yeah, I'm nidyanzo's stunt double. I promise I'll start wearing a helmet in future shoots. Is it ok to ride Mab's on the sidewalks with the engine fired up? LOL.

What's not so funny is I see guys riding 2-strokes around here with no helmet, no shirt, running red lights though the crosswalk and back up onto the sidewalk for blocks. Do ya think that bothers me? Questions not directed at you Dennis, just the uptight people that never do ANYTHING wrong ever laff

dnut

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
On contrare,
I feel it's my duty to break stupid, useless, or downright oppressive laws.