SBP kill switch rocker doesnt work

GoldenMotor.com

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Hey guys, today i installed the SBP Kill switch rocker.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ucts_id=117&osCsid=o5lgr06d5h5hgaq1re9uo7uh60

I wired it exactly like the old kill switch was, but this one doesnt work.
When I touch the two wires together manually, it kills the engine, but when I do it by pressing the buttons, nothing happens. This makes me think that the kill switch is faulty. What do you guys think? What are some tests I can do to test it?

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
Disconnect it and run a continuity test between the kill switch wires, then push the button and check the continuity. The tester should show continuity when the button is pressed.

If it doesn't work, contact SBP.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
Most digital multi-meters have a continuity setting. Many of them beep when there is continuity.

If you don't already have one, they are really pretty cheap and can be found at Radio Shack, Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, or most auto parts shops.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Use an ohm meter. Typically the small cheap analog ones have three scales, volts, ohms and amps. Set the meter to ohms and connect the two leads to the two wires from the kill switch. Press the switch, or whatever you're supposed to do to kill the engine. The needle should go full scale. If the meter is digital then it should read '0' ohms or no resistance with the button depressed.

I'm guesssing the switch is defective if you had it wired correctly and it didn't work.

Tom