Brake questions

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I have the old U brake style on my cruisers. The thing is..... They suck. Was going to order a V-brake plate. My question is will a V-brake work better considering the wheels are not really made for rim brakes, although the U brakes have helped Im just not sure the V-brake will be much better on this rim. I really hopful that the V-brake will be awesome.

Next question, I see venice has an adapter for a disk brake caliper. Will the adapter work on my cruiser stock fork?

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I have seen that post, but dont have a way of adding a disk to one of my bikes unless I could drill it or do somthing special to it. And I will try and get a pic of my rim, I know a v brake will fit but the surface is really smooth didnt know if a v brake would add more stopping power then my old u brakes?

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Do you have quality pads on your U brakes, sometimes decent pads make all the difference.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
side pull brakes are no where as good as centre pull ore cantilever brakes.
being that they suck, it has to be the reason they are cheaper than styles that use less parts & less complicated to make.
just like drum brakes on a car use more parts, more steel & a more complex design than disk. being disk is preferred it is an "upgrade".

Dr. Bob

Jul 7, 2011
Chicago
I have a question regarding fixing my brakes. May seem like a very simple question, but I'm not too handy and new to this motorized/bike world. Let me see if I can describe it: the brake lever on my right handle bar does not do anything when pulled in. The little wire that goes into the lever comes out. How do I get the wire and the little silver tab to stay in?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Loosen the barrel nut adjusters at the brake and handle that the cable runs thru. Have some one Squeeze the vbrakes or what ever they are together this will give you the slack you need to put the cable end back into the handle bar handle caliper.