carb mods

GoldenMotor.com

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
Hey fellas

I dont have a lot of room behind my carb & cant move my engine forward anymore without creating more issues & I want to fit a pod style filter & what I want to know is has anyone mounted the carb of to one side by either modding the inlet pipe say by welding a bend in it kicking the carb off to one side or using an elbow extenion of some sort .. If not can anyone see any running issues with this option ?? As it will be making the inlet pip longer & not fueling straight down into the cylinder,,

thanks

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
A longer intake pipe will give you more bottom end torque, but you will lose top end. You'll be fine going with a 45 degree angle, should be fine with a 90. Better to bend than to extend.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Your intake manifold can be a pretzel shape and the engine will still run fine.
You might loose a little top end speed, but like DTC stated, you stand to gain more low speed torque.
If you just mod the factory manifold for a little bit of bend to clear the frame tube, I doubt that you will notice and performance change.

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
Your intake manifold can be a pretzel shape and the engine will still run fine.
You might loose a little top end speed, but like DTC stated, you stand to gain more low speed torque.
If you just mod the factory manifold for a little bit of bend to clear the frame tube, I doubt that you will notice and performance change.

Legend thats what I wanted to hear a straight yes or no cheers mate!!