Custom Car & Bike Show in Irving Texas

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm going to enter the Atomic BB in a bike show today. They have a class bicycles.

It's in Irving Texas, at 1999 Airport Freeway, Toyota of Irving. Starting at noon, but registration is till 2:30.

It's about 15 miles from my house. I'm planning to ride there. Any local people come on down and enter ($10) so I won't be the only one.

I'll give a report when I get back.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I won Best of Show Bicycle, and got this big ass trophy.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The ride there was no problem. I cruised the whole way at a sedate 25 mph. The Atomic BB feels like it would run all day like that. On the return trip it was about 100 degrees outside, but who cares.

As soon as you pull up, they make you registar. I told them I wanted to registar in the bicycle class, and I heard no complaints about it. The only real competition was from an 26" low rider bicycle. The same competitor entered 3 low riders, but 2 of them were small children's bicycles. He had mirrors on the ground under his bikes and trophies displayed. The only other bicycles I saw looked like a couple WallyWorld bikes. Mine was the only motorized.

They had 2 trophies to give out to bicycles. A best of class, and a best of show that was twice as big. During the 2 hours of judging, the Atomic BB was as popular as the last pork chop at a hound dog convention. Nobody in Dallas has seen a MB before.

One weakness to my plan was exposed when I was confronted with trying to ride home with a 24" trophy, and nothing to carry it with. A biker named Doc, kindly gave me 2 small bungees, that I used to attach the trophy to my rack, Marlon Brando style.

And so it begins.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It was pretty much like this all day. I felt kind of sorry for the guy that owned the $30,000 chopper parked next to my bike.

Last edited:

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi biknut. I really enjoyed your story, thankyou. Those motorcycles are powerful beautiful machines, however I'm not surprised to see the attention given to your motorized bicycle sitting adjacent to those hot bikes. I get a lot of attention when I ride on my golden eagle kit, it's reliable and handles well. It does not have the good looks to impress people like your inframe kit. This hobby has been around for almost 70 years? Maybe motorized bicycles is on the verge of hitting the big time. Thanks again.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks, you guys. I had a lot of fun, and I know there's going to be a lot more of this in the future for all of us.