help me find this "fancy" exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
i've had a huge problem with them. had to open a dispute through paypal before they'd refund me the money.

actually i ended up making something like that from 3/4" EMT conduit

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you can weld/have access to a welder, take Skarrd's advice and build your own exhaust system. Use the kit supplied muffler and exhaust flange. fabricate the pipe to any length and configuration that pleases you and reweld the muffler back on the end. You'll appreciate your work much more than buying. You can use 1/2 or 3/4" electrical conduit (EMT), not the flexible stuff, to make any shape pipe you want. Good luck.
Tom

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
If you can weld/have access to a welder, take Skarrd's advice and build your own exhaust system. Use the kit supplied muffler and exhaust flange. fabricate the pipe to any length and configuration that pleases you and reweld the muffler back on the end. You'll appreciate your work much more than buying. You can use 1/2 or 3/4" electrical conduit (EMT), not the flexible stuff, to make any shape pipe you want. Good luck.
Tom
it may also end up being cheaper than the poo poo pipe.

i got the emt pipe for $10, the bender for $29, then also got some unions for it for $5 (to connect everything till i can get it welded)

GlueKill

Jun 16, 2010
Columbia, MO
Just chiming in to say I, too, had to open a PayPal dispute to get a refund after ordering that pipe from them. They need to either state that it's on backorder on their website or remove it. They never responded to my e-mails about it either.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
Yeah they sent me an "order complete" email with a tracking number, but they clearly don't have it in stock and never shipped it. Inexcusably poor service.

Anyways, I was going to use the muffler from that kit with the pipe from this one that I already have. Any ideas where I can find a similar long, slender, quiet muffler to have welded on? I'll be painting it so it needn't be chrome.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
hmm i just used some compression clamps on my to hold the muffler on.

if i recall correctly, the stock muffler was made of steel.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I placed an order with gasbike and they sent me the wrong size gaskets. I placed another order with more gaskets and they said it was in stock and they never shipped it. It was 2 weeks until they finally shipped it. I'll never buy from them again

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
I wound up combining this exhaust with the long header from the other kit. The welds were really terrible (I counted three air leaks in the expansion chamber) but I'm still happy with it. Not sure yet if it goes any faster but it's much much quieter than my stock exhaust.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I replied to a thread earlier this morning...

Default Re: Help on kits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al.Fisherman View Post
I've had a bad experience with "luckyearlybird" on E-bay. I wouldn't purchase so much as a chain link from them, let alone another engine. Shortly I'll work on my 6th build. I'm not a novice by any chance.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with LEB.
From what I have read on this forum, Luckyearlybird is the wife of BGF.
I have bought all my stuff from BGF and so far, nary a problem.

Seems that they are in fact related, or should be. Another supplier that gets scratched off my list or suppliers.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I have a poo poo pipe on order from gasbike too. I thought it would be good for less noise. I don't want to go fast. In another 3 days it will have been on order for 2 months. I can't dispute it, it's been over 45 days. Yeah, no replies to email or voice mail either.

I think they just stole my money.

Dunno. I will just keep on waiting. I know it's a long ride on the boat from China. But if it isn't here in 4 months then I guess they just stole my money. We will see.

blackbeer

May 6, 2011
ca
good idea , I scraped the stock exhaust and added on an expantion chamber for back pressure ,fabricated mine out of 3/4 " tubes and than welded on 2" pipes , running low at the rear to clear the peddles , applied paint to match the gas tank cover i created , killed the weed eater sound , and runs great .