Bicycle Anatomy What Part is This?

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Forum members here you can discuss & find what that part on your bike or frame is called.

Maybe some of you would like to know more about your bicycles frame parts & components, here's a list or photo's of a Bicycle's Frame Parts & Components.

In the second post I'll show pic's of the Bottom Bracket ie pedal crank's and more.

Hope some of this is info helpful.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Bicycle Anatomy Continued.

Here's the exploded view of the CB-110 Coaster Brake:

Here's the Extra Wide Pedal Crank:

Here's the Three Piece Pedal Crank:

What parts or components can you name & add to this builders resource thread, pic's please?

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
in the second picture, the one with the mountainbike, it calls a tire a "cover."

that's pretty funny. next time i go to the bike shop, i'm gonna tell them i need some innertube covers...
They're on there to protect the shiny rims. laff

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
in the second picture, the one with the mountainbike, it calls a tire a "cover."

that's pretty funny. next time i go to the bike shop, i'm gonna tell them i need some innertube covers...
Bairdco, very observant I think that is what someone in Europe or possibly Great Britain, uses to describe a bicycle tyre.

Help me out here anyone know, what country of origin the term / word for a tire is called a " wheel cover " ?

Peace Crazy Horse.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL, don't know about tires but the city and county of Denver used to have a law on the book that said: "All vehicles must have 'wheel covers'. They were talking about fenders. Fenderless hot rod guys who had gotten a ticket used to go to court with a catalog page from the parts counter of a Ford, GM or Chrysler dealership which showed 'wheel covers' or what we call hub caps today. The judge would usually throw the case out.

Crazy Horse. We humorists have highjacked your thread but thanks for posting it. I'm sure there are folks out there who will appreciate knowing what part is what and the proper name for them. Good information.
Tom

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
First pic the frame needs welding,second pic has a bunch of strings tied to it and words telling where they are tied,the next 4 pics have what may be tranquilizer darts sticking in various places and lables telling where they hit,lol