The "Plug-and-Play" Bikes for 2-stroke china engines thread.

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
I bought a cheap "Kulana Riviera" beach cruiser from Academy Sports for 79 bucks and it was plug and play with the flying horse kit that I got from bikeberry. the only thing that I had to get for it was a set of fenders because they didnt come stock. The motor looks like it belongs on the bike. Still waiting on my CNS carb to ship in and once it does Ill test fit it, but from what I can tell theres about 3 inches of clearance on the stock carb so shouldnt be an issue.

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
I'm about to mount a motor on a 62 Huffy something, 26 in tires. two speed axle.. She's close to being ready to paint, and that will happen in a body shop over the Winter, and ready for Spring.

Footie

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, Co
I see that nobody picked a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser. I hope it works. Just bought it on line for an X-80 kit. Thinking about the Sick Bike jackshaft kit and wanted a multi speed cruiser. I may wish I had selected a steel framed cruiser.

how did that build work for you, I was thinking about getting one?

Footie

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, Co
So I got my 2 GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT2B 48cc kits today from gasbikes and i need help finding a bike. I think im going to get a Schwinn Landmark

anybody ever do a Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser Bike?

I also wanted to know what bikes are better for big guys,
and anybody know where to get one of those gt1's?

i need a plug and play only, THANKS EVERYBODY

yimmy87

Sep 3, 2010
kentucky
add the mongoose paver to the dont use list it was a no go the engine rides to high and carb will not fit at all but a nice bike for 75 at wally world but not a good build bike

cunninghamglenn

Mar 3, 2011
WA
I am about to purchase and build my first. I was thinking a Schwinn Windwood Coaster and a Grubee GT5, which I think is the Skyhawk slant head 66, right?

To me it looks cool and would make a good 5 mile commute to work each day.

I am open to advice.

Thanks MB members.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I see that nobody picked a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser. I hope it works. Just bought it on line for an X-80 kit. Thinking about the Sick Bike jackshaft kit and wanted a multi speed cruiser. I may wish I had selected a steel framed cruiser.
I've built two on the Point Beach
The second had the linear pull brakes, which are superior to the side pulls on the first
I think too many people over look the convenience of being able to stop these things after they have added all the hi perf engine parts

Nothing wrong with aluminum if the mounts are solid
You may need to dremel out the rear mounting block so that it fits in flush on the seat post with no gaps, or you can buy a wider mounting block for a couple $ from Redirecting

In my opinion this is the only true plug and play cruiser on the list, because I include brakes in the top 2 most important parts of the bike

Oh yeah
The seat SUCKS, bad

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
So I got my 2 GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT2B 48cc kits today from gasbikes and i need help finding a bike. I think im going to get a Schwinn Landmark

anybody ever do a Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser Bike?

I also wanted to know what bikes are better for big guys,
and anybody know where to get one of those gt1's?

i need a plug and play only, THANKS EVERYBODY
I'm 6' 225 and most cruisers feel like kiddie bikes to me

The Point Beach style with the seat set back fits a little better and the OP doesn't feel horrible
There is a bike called the Huntington (don't know the maker off the top of my head) that is an extended frame , sells online for $165

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
heres another bad one: roadmaster sx sport <-DONT USE THIS ONE

heres a good one i am using, you already have it listed: Scwhinn del mar

Karl
I just finished a mounting the engine in a Roadmaster about an hour ago
It wasn't really that hard, maybe not a cherry popper but not that hard

I just eliminated the rear mounting block , bent the exhaust a hair and used an offset intake

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
I think pretty much any 26" Huffy Beach Cruiser will fit the bill! I suspect they are all the same bike with different names stuck on them. Mine is a "Santa Fe"
Hope you are right about that, i got a huffy good vibration to build off of.