What would you pay for this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
Not a bad price for a good quality bike.

But not sure I would choose it for a motorized bike. You are paying for its very light weight, but that is not worth much if you are going to add 15 to 20 lbs of motor.

Also, my preference would be for fatter tires and probably front suspension instead of a still ride.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Also even though Ti is very strong and light it tends to be brittle. If you're planning to motorize it what I'd be worried about is the frame cracking at the mount points.

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Not a bad price for a good quality bike.

But not sure I would choose it for a motorized bike. You are paying for its very light weight, but that is not worth much if you are going to add 15 to 20 lbs of motor.

Also, my preference would be for fatter tires and probably front suspension instead of a still ride.
Also even though Ti is very strong and light it tends to be brittle. If you're planning to motorize it what I'd be worried about is the frame cracking at the mount points.
Thanks guys. I was planning to just keep it as a road bike no motorization on this one. Im new to the TI thing. I just learned that the guy put just the frame up for auction on ebay. The high bidder is at $232 right now. What do you guys think about that for just the frame?

Pat

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's a nice older road bike, I wouldn't pay a penny over $250 for just the frame or $400 for the bike complete. I like the ride of a good titanium frame...that's not a bad frame at all. Unless it's cracked.