My New Harley

GoldenMotor.com

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
I would like some help finding out which engine I should use on my new Harley Davidson Velo Glide. Hope some of you can recomend a good one, It has a Shimano nexis 7 hub, so I'll need a jack shaft for the 7 speeds, and I will NEED them cause I live on a mountain.
Thanks, Jim.trk

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I bet that is the quietest Harley ever made!
I recommend a Q-Matic or Shelly Belly Whisper drive with a not quite yet produced jackshaft kit. Both are working out the bugs for a jackshaft right now.
A 2-stroke with jackshaft can be had currently if you prefer.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I would like some help finding out which engine I should use on my new Harley Davidson Velo Glide. Hope some of you can recomend a good one, It has a Shimano nexis 7 hub, so I'll need a jack shaft for the 7 speeds, and I will NEED them cause I live on a mountain.
Thanks, Jim.trk
Great Bike! Whatever you do- I hope you turn that bike tank into a real gas tank! Does'nt require alot of work. Good luck.weld

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is that a real Velo? My understanding is they were produced in limited numbers, about 1000 I think, back in 1998 and sold for over $2000. If its real are you sure you want to motorize it? That's a collector item. My information might be dated. Maybe they're building them again? Wondering when the outdoor photo was taken?
Tom

Last edited:

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
HD 2.jpg
Is that a real Velo? My understanding is they were produced in limited numbers, about 1000 I think, back in 1998 and sold for over $2000. If its real are you sure you want to motorize it? That's a collector item. My information might be dated. Maybe they're building them again? Wondering when the outdoor photo was taken?
Tom
Tom, I've been a Harley rider for 52+ yrs, and when I saw it my heart SWOOPED, I'll ride a harley again! And yes it is a REAL Velo, see pic, this is one of one thousand, Shimano nexis 7 hub, front and rear roller breaks. I have showed it to some of my Harley bros, and have been offered $5000.00 for it when I get it finished, I'm gonna have it licensed, and registered in Tn. so if it gets stolen, it will be grand theft auto. Besides that, it's the only thing I can ride without a drivers license.
Jim.trk

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I think such a rare gem could stand to be rarer, how many other Velo's will have a killer engine??? Just do it right and make the engine pretty, grind those crappy fins to a polish and chrome it up!!!

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
I think such a rare gem could stand to be rarer, how many other Velo's will have a killer engine??? Just do it right and make the engine pretty, grind those crappy fins to a polish and chrome it up!!!
I'm plannin on a BLACK engine, with a black extended muffler, a new black helmet, and ONLY wear black cloths ,when I ride it. he he he he he
Jim.trk

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Nice man. $5,000? thats $2K more than what my wife's car cost me!!! Lucky guy, good luck and have fun!

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
This may come put wrong but....
OmgMOMmyItsaharleybileomgomgnisqwojebrf O M G I T S A W S O M E
I saw one of theese atthw local Harley shop... Waaaay up high on it's own shelf-thing. That's such a amazing bike!!

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Use anything but that bike, its going to get scratched, prodded and poked during assembly of an engine kit unless you know god. Put that one on a shelf and get a Wallyworld bike with some gears for a hundred bucks. Or you can send it to me and I will keep watch over it for you, I will pay the shipping That way no 1% er will steal it. Have fun Chopper Joe

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
$5000 for a BICYCLE?!?! that's more than double the worth of both my cars put together!

Sweet bike though! It will look absolutely awesome with a nice clean MB build. I can't wait to see pics!