Advice for Changing Out Fork

GoldenMotor.com

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I have a nice K-2 Big Easy Deuce bicycle. I like it alot and it is the bike I will be putting some sort of E motor on. Front hub kits seems to be abundant and really easy to put together. I'm going to need at lease a 500 watt motor to haul my big butt around town.

The front forks on the K-2have suspension and they are made of ALUMINUM. Well, I've learned enough from all my lurking to know those forks simply won't do. If you were mounting a big sized hub/motor unit and needed to buy forks, what would you be looking for.

I've ridden on two wheels long enough to know how unfortunate it can be to suddenly lose your front end. Any guidance you can give is appreciated.

Fred

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
all my ebikes have suspension forks if I can find them. Maybe I'm asking for trouble. My only hub is running about 350 watts when i even bother with it. My DIY drives are rear wheel and I run suspension on the front if I can find one that works.

I can tell you this much it needs to be wide enough for the hub. Mine says 3.5 inches min. That's all I know about the front hub requirements.