Wheel swap

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I have a Scwhinn Delmar cruiser bike single speed with coaster brake.
The coaster brake worked good but coaster brake internal parts were always making noises nomatter how much adjusting i did. I have a roadmaster mountain bike for parts, which gave me a idea.

I took the rear mountain bike wheel and put my cruiser bike tire and engine kit sprocket on it.
Its a little wider than my rear bike frame forks but slid in place with just a little help with a screw driver. My cruiser 415 chain fits a sprocket on the mountainbike wheel(yes theres more than one sprocket,i picked the one that lines up with my peddal sprocket and adjusted my chain length).
Now nomore coaster brake or loud noises and hello free wheel,plus i can back peddal too.

Next i needed to add brakes, so i took the mountain bike front fork with shocks and side pull brakes built in and swapped it with my cruiser, i kept my cruiser handle bars. I added a brake handle near my throttle lever and instant front brakes, even my front cruiser fender fits the mountainbike forks and i put my front cruiser wheel and tire on the front(no need to swap front wheels). The front brakes which are properly adjusted work better than the coaster brake.