My first stretch cruiser... (sort of)

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is a bike that one of the locals brought to me to fix for him.
He started to built the bike, but he just couldn't get it finished, so he brought it to me to build for him.
I removed the engine & mounted it in a different way, relocated all the wires, CDI & cables, & then fabbed a pully from a dead chain tensioner to route the pedal chain under the engine.

The front mount can also be clamped on, for those who don't like to drill...

I'm kinda proud of how simple & clean the engine mounting is in this bike compared to some of the other stretches i've seen. I always figured they could be mounted like this & still look cool!

Last edited:

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Hey norm, did you get any more vibration than usual mounting that way , i did the one pictured that way a couple months ago and had a wicked vibration, had to move the motor forward.

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey norm, did you get any more vibration than usual mounting that way , i did the one pictured that way a couple months ago and had a wicked vibration, had to move the motor forward.
Nope, no bad vibrations... It runs real smooth & very solid!
Some engines just vibrate more than others... it's luck of the draw.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
yeah i though it was just a rough motor too, but even took a super smooth motor from another bike and still a wicked vibration so much that it was unridable. so i moved the motor forward so it wasnt attached to the seat post and it helped. i know now it was that crappy micargi streched frame it felt cheap from the start.