Sea foam and Marvel mystery oil.

GoldenMotor.com

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Sea foam is a engine cleaner/treatment to losen carbon deposits & sludge build up.
Marvel oil is a thin, high detergent oil that is benificial to valve guides in 4-strokes.

I seriously doubt sea foam will be much use in a 2-stroke for anything other than a storage treatment. (a fogging oil specific for the pourpous would be better) its to easy to remove any carbon build up on a simple top end job. I do like & use marvel mystery oil as an assembly lube on a motor re-build (its very good at fighting corosian). As an addidtive in gasoline, I again doubt any real benifit to a 2-stroke bicycle motor if your mixing properly already.

Last edited:

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
Sea foam is a engine cleaner/treatment to losen carbon deposits & sludge build up.
Marvel oil is a thin, high detergent oil that is benificial to valve guides in 4-strokes.

I seriously doubt sea foam will be much use in a 2-stroke for anything other than a storage treatment. (a fogging oil specific for the pourpous would be better) its to easy to remove any carbon build up on a simple top end job. I do like & use marvel mystery oil as an assembly lube on a motor re-build (its very good at fighting corosian). As an addidtive in gasoline, I again doubt any real benifit to a 2-stroke bicycle motor if your mixing properly already.
I agree i use sea foam on my 4 stroke 4 wheelers marvel Ive tried and never noticed a diff in my car

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
If you are one who stops the engine and leaves fuel in the carb and does it often sea foam may help prevent the gum up that evaperating fuel leaves behind. If you use the petcock and burn the fuel out of the carb it's not needed. I have heard this many times from marine mechanics so there must be something to it.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
idk about marvels usefulness in a motor, but i used it to lubricate my bikes rear tire once, 2 years ago, and well, i have never had to lubricate that tire since and i ride year round in new england. stuffs awesome.