gt skyhawk mounting problem Please Help

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
can't see the holes in that pic, but I'm guessing you have a narrow front mount motor, while frame is drilled for wide front mount

I wouldn't do anything to the motor because the metal is crap, but elongating holes in frame to make them wide slots may be doable if the welds aren't in the way.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I wouldn't do anything to the motor because the metal is crap, but elongating holes in frame to make them wide slots may be doable if the welds aren't in the way.
Yep.
You have the wrong frame for the engine you have, just elongate the pedestal holes to fit your engines front mount.
I call it 'reamy-reamy' the holes with a drill bit and a rat tail file.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yep.
You have the wrong frame for the engine you have, just elongate the pedestal holes to fit your engines front mount.
I call it 'reamy-reamy' the holes with a drill bit and a rat tail file.
A more technical term for this is "walloin' out the holes". Walloin' is a highly complex procedure requiring engineering skills ( or a couple of beers), specialized tools (like a rat tail file) and lots of elbow grease depending on the length of the 'walloin' required and the thickness of the metal involved.

I too have 'reamy-remied a few holes but I've found 'walloin' is a more precise maneuver.

Good luck. :)

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A more technical term for this is "walloin' out the holes". Walloin' is a highly complex procedure requiring engineering skills ( or a couple of beers), specialized tools (like a rat tail file) and lots of elbow grease depending on the length of the 'walloin' required and the thickness of the metal involved.

I too have 'reamy-remied a few holes but I've found 'walloin' is a more precise maneuver.

Good luck. :)

Tom
Hehehe Tom, that really cracked me up ;-}
Here in the SW 'walloin' is what pigs do in the mud and old people do in the Jacuzzi but maybe a better term as Reamy-Reamy takes on a whole new meaning in Prison for example ;-}