how to open up a cree light

GoldenMotor.com

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
Bought one like this

http://www.dx.com/p/zxc-01-cree-xm-l-t6-1200lm-3-mode-memory-white-bike-light-black-4-x-18650-166560#.VIx2q8k6-vs

, now I can't get it to work. I plug it in and it shows fully charged,i have another one coming to test it but with a volt meter shows full charge. When I plug it into the light, The on/off button shows red and it will only give me one level of light rather than three,very dim light, now i been trying to open it up to have a look might be lose wire or something ,but i am stuck how do you open these up ???
there's 2 holes in the bottom of pic , and not sure how to carry on from here ???

anyone?

madmax16117

Mar 8, 2012
Pa
It's just sitting in there kinda of a click fit. Take the cable clamp off should be 1 or 2 screws on the bottom. there are 2 pieces the led board and the switch board inside. they can be a little tight fit to the housing but not a pressed fit. I pushed them out with the wire. My other light I had to use a small screw driver through the cable hole. just be care full and push it as close to the edge as possible.---- I took a second look at the pic you put up and it may be threaded in. The 2 holes on either side of the light disk may be for a tool it looks like a wrench for an angle grinder (spanner) or bottom bracket tool. maybe a needle nose pliers ? would work?