"Worksman Sportsman Flyer" AVAILABLE NOW!!!

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
How much is the tank and tool box for those frames?
The laser cut and tig welded stainless steel gas tank is $350. Toolbox runs $150. Projected price on engine mounting cradles is $150. I plan a discount for a complete kit package if you buy engine mount, gas tank, sprocket adapter, etc.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
PAT,Really, if it isn't perfect than it just isn't right.
your work is outstanding ,
i am building another 2 stroker but after that i sure very keen in your 200E bike i see here with no motor can you send me a email with a price with shipping to me cheers

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Mick,
You know I'll fix you up with a build when your ready. The 200E could ship as a bicycle to Australia.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Update. I have the two stroke bike running. Put it through it's paces today. It's certainly is a solid machine. It handles great and you can throw it around with confidence. Engine mount doesn't move at all. Plenty of engine adjustment. All the chains came out nice and straight, no 1/2 links. Just a stock 66cc two stroke, stock carb, full baffle muffler. This bike is so much fun!

Sportsman Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
The four stroke bike is now road worthy! This bike uses the Harbor Freight 79cc four stroke industrial engine, mounted vertical, and similar to the two stroke application it is a complete bolt-in engine package. This bike is still a test mule and subtle gearing and exhaust changes are in the works. Still, at this stage of development the bike is a solid performer. I have been putting on plenty of test miles. So far it is proving itself as a reliable package. Starts easily with a pull on the rope, runs super quiet, has plenty of power, and handles great!

Sportsman Pedal Bike by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman Pedal Bike by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
Can we individually buy the mounting parts. For example, if we order $999.99 version with the tank and toolbox from Worksman, then we already have a lot of the parts that are in the engine mounting kit that is on Sportsman Flyer website to motorize it.

How does the 160cc engine handle in this frame? Is it still flickable and easy to throw around?

Is direct drive with a large sprocket bad or does it really need a reduction drive?

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Can we individually buy the mounting parts. For example, if we order $999.99 version with the tank and toolbox from Worksman, then we already have a lot of the parts that are in the engine mounting kit that is on Sportsman Flyer website to motorize it.

How does the 160cc engine handle in this frame? Is it still flickable and easy to throw around?

Is direct drive with a large sprocket bad or does it really need a reduction drive?

Hi Mikey,
Buying my Sportsman Flyer direct from Worksman is a good way to start. Worksman does not carry my fuel tank, just the similar panel tank that is for storage and not fuel. I prefer to sell the engine install component package as listed on my web site and do this mostly as a way to assure the quality of the finished product. That said, I also can, and do, sell the individual parts from the complete install package. You would need to contact me to discuss how we can make this happen.
The GC160 is a powerful engine package and the bike handles exceptionally well. I prefer to use the larger drum hub on the 160's as opposed to the coaster brake.
The bike ABSOLUTELY needs the reduction drive system for both the reduction and chain offsets. Trying to do it direct just wouldn't be a good idea. This is an example of why I prefer to sell complete engineered component packages.
Thanks,
Pat

Here is a recent Sportsman 160 in boardie trim.

Sportsman 160 by Pat Dolan, on Flickr