Raven KTM50 Stingray Cafe Racer Bobber FOR SALE

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I think I might have an ad that's sticking right now finally. I really wish I didn't have to sell this, but I need the space and wanna get to that motobike build, which will like a mini version of this.

I always get caught up in the ride and don't stop for pics. This week I'll take some, especially side shots since the 3/4 view shots make the bike look short, its actually as tall as a mountain bike at saddle height and longer than a 29er.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
If someone's actually serious enough to buy it they can see it in person. I highly doubt someone from far away is gonna want to buy the bike based off a video, to really advertise the capabilities of the bike would serve to incriminate myself lol.

I'm open to offers on it, enough cash might lower my expectations. I know that its a large chink of change and should be open to negotiation.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
I'll just say it. Yes it is beautiful and I'm sure a cool ride, but, I think your just looking to be pulled over by law enforcement if you are trying to pass this as a bike.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Why is that Ken? The local law enforcement have left me alone except for once being pulled over by a state park ranger who thought it was a super pocket bike at first. It's registered and plated, and if you ride responsibly, there is no difference legally between this and any old boring moped.

Thanks for the positive critique though, its still here, and still for sale. I think all the events in the news that haven't been resolved is tying up world markets and I can see this at the street level, this is the last flagship bike I build and sell since I'm giving it away at this point. Absolutely ridiculous.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
Why is that Ken? The local law enforcement have left me alone except for once being pulled over by a state park ranger who thought it was a super pocket bike at first. It's registered and plated, and if you ride responsibly, there is no difference legally between this and any old boring moped.

Thanks for the positive critique though, its still here, and still for sale. I think all the events in the news that haven't been resolved is tying up world markets and I can see this at the street level, this is the last flagship bike I build and sell since I'm giving it away at this point. Absolutely ridiculous.
I will admit the bike puts the K in Kool. But I have had too many incidents with law enforcement in this area.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Fortunately, that hasn't been an issue since I initially got into these things to enjoy some speed and open road without getting into the realm where the police want to get involved, unlike driving cars fast. I keep a copy of the regulations and my registration in my saddle pack, but I think in general the response to motorbikes is good, less car traffic!

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Fortunately, that hasn't been an issue since I initially got into these things to enjoy some speed and open road without getting into the realm where the police want to get involved, unlike driving cars fast. I keep a copy of the regulations and my registration in my saddle pack, but I think in general the response to motorbikes is good, less car traffic!
i also live in california where the fuzz is pretty laid back on motorized bikes. so what kind of permit or license would i need to ride this? because i dont think ill by fooling the cops that my motorized bicycle has less than 2hp and doesnt do over 25mph.. especially when they see me zippin along with traffic at 45mph lol.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
lol you need the m1 or m2 cert to ride it in the daytime, worth going for a m1 since its the same test and they are flexible with what you can test on.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well I've been thinking about it, and I really like this bike other than the engine. If I go forward with putting a four stroke in this bike, I'd be willing to sell the engine with carb and pipe and mount cheap, because they'll be leftovers.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Yeah, mebbe lol.

I'm gonna pull it apart soon and see whats up, check out the carburetor too. It pooped out the other day, after previously running better than ever and won't restart, has all the essentials to run so its not something obvious. I can't accept that a new ignition would crap out in less than 2 hours of riding.

I'd like to try a 212cc in the chopper because the offers have been by a couple people not able to keep up with the engine maintenance. Its a racing engine, I guess I should be so lucky to have run it for 17 hours without going into it seriously. I also found a source for these engines and might try getting another one if I can work out my cashflow lol. This bike is like a motorcycle, its so rock steady at speed, which is a good thing because the KTM engine makes your wig get blown back like the Trojan commercials lol.

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well I found a couple things, a pinhole in the float bowl leaking gas out of the main jet gallery, and a blown head gasket. :p

Gonna try and fix it tomorrow I'd like to find a head gasket locally or make a copper one. M&S sells a copper one, but I don't want the whole gasket set that comes with it and makes it $20. I also don't want to pay $10 shipping and wait a week, so hopefully there's something local.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Ordered a KTM genuine head and will install it with a copper gasket with copper spray once I get it and lap the surface on the glass.