Staton Robin Subaru crank shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

dtj6ppc

Feb 23, 2011
redondo
I just shipped my sprockets off to staton for repair. Removing the freewheel adapter form the freewheel can be a "bit" and I thought it easier for dave to do it. He said he would do it free of charge if I paid for shipping. He said that the Dicta freewheels (18 tooth 1/2" x 3/32" Freewheel Sprocket Dicta Brand: Staton Inc) work as good as the ACS and that's what he's replacing it with. It must have red locktight on it to prevent it from unscrewing he says. I'm hoping to have the part back for the Oct death race http://motorbicycling.com/f35/death-race-oct-29-2011-a-34058.html
Smart move having Dave do the work.................as I have spent countless hours and modified/made several specialty tools in order to do all the various operations on these chainring assemblys and I am still not sure that I understand everything about this mechanism..............Don

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I've got a Staton crank drive on my bike and it works great. It allowed me to keep the auto shift feature on my rear wheel. I've got a Land Rider auto shift bike. Washers between the crank arms and bearing hubs will get rid of your wobble. I use my front 28 chain ring as a hill climber. The 34 ring is my level ground and the 42 is my downhill ring. I've got a 28-13 seven speed in the rear that shifts automatically. I've got two green trails freewheels in my crank kit.

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
It looks like the outer chain ring is driven, the inner two rings are for the bikes regular derailleur system. Have you tried to install the chains yet?
FR