Finally Here.

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
The Fed Ex guy just dropped off my x-80 motor kit from Boys Go Fast, Can't wait to get off from work and go home and install it. I felt like a kid at Christmas when my wife told me I could order the thing, and I have been living on this forum reading all about it for the last week. Finally I get to put my first build together and get my hands dirty.dance1dance1dance1

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
So between the wife and kids and grilling dinner, all I got done was the mounting of the rear sprocket yesterday, and it is off to the parts store to find a muffler clamp to mount to my over sized front tube. Hopefully by Saturday it will be ready to ride.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol, mounting the stock "rag joint" style rear sprocket is one of the hardest things ta do w/these kits, ya made good progress and ya were wise to get that outa the way first heh

Welcome to the addiction :D

*chants* one-of-us-one-of-us-one-of-us :p

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I am having a blast just plying with the parts, I can't imagine how much fun it will be to ride it then mod it for better or worse and ride it some more. I think I understand the "addiction"

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. I think the addiction has to do with childhood and the kind of rite of passage that came with riding a bicycle, experiencing speed and freedom, feeling wind in the face. It was a big deal and is something many of us left behind and forgot about as soon as we got cars and could go faster, go on dates, step onto a treadmill to pay for the things, got married, got kids, got bills to pay and felt freedom slip away into the slavery of adulthood. Somehow the motor on the bike is a way to awaken and set free the child we all were. Don't be surprised to find yourself smiling a lot as you ride.
And don't forget the helmet. Have fun and welcome to the forum.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ferball, welcome to the fun. I bet your wife will want one when she sees yours. You can't have just one it seems.

What part of N.H. are you in? I lived in Concord, Boscowen, and North Conway. My son has a business in Concord.

Steve.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
.wee.Got the "Red Dragon" running today, it was 9 pm and raining by the time I got gas in the tank but I took it around the block twice. My wife laughed the whole time. I have to admit I was surprised it worked, it seemed to simple. I mean I did have to do some creative engineering to install everything (I did have to incorporate a curtain rod to my wife's dismay) and I still have to fine tune it, but I was surprised it started right up on the first try and the chain did not fall off or parts did not go flying. It is so freaking awesome can't until tomorrow. To really have some fun with it.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Took it out again this morning adjusted the idle screw so it idles now, have done nothing else to the carb runs way better than expected right out of the box. Has anyone hooked there clutch cable to their Front Derailer shifter? I am thinking of removing the derailer because it has limited value at this point and hooking up the clutch cable to it to clean up the handle bars a bit. Any thoughts on that?