Motorized bicycle that'll run on beer

GoldenMotor.com

stingray'04rider

Jul 3, 2010
garland, texas
Re: MB that'll run on beer

Ive been messin around with bits and pieces of this build here and there. I just cut the mini keg to where I want it to fit and man am I happy with the look it created. The heineken logo isnt that important to me... actually it looks kind of funny being the only piece of the bike that isnt weathered. I was actually thinking of stripping it to bare metal and letting it get a little surface rust (patina to the classy ones).

I snapped some pictures to let you guys see what direction Im heading. Look close in the bottom of the wide shot and you may spot another upgrade from my last build. Ill give you a clue, it rhymes with kift sh-t.

I didnt realize how thin the mini keg's metal is. Ill definitely blow right thru it with my flux core mig. I think it may come down to renting something for more delicate work from harbor freight. Any recommendations?

Thanks for lookin yall!
:) mini keg :) lol this is gotta be funny

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado

ive made plenty of dumb things with the help of beer and a mig welder like welding a turbo onto an onld motorcycle(that was dangerous)....i think you should have split the tank using one half for gas and the other for beer...ride safe

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

I don't know about beer, but I have another alternative fuel for you:
I mow my lawn in the early morning with an old push-rotary reel type machine. So I brew myself a few cups of joe and get to it. I tell my buddies at work that my lawnmower runs on coffee. They're still trying to work that one out.

macrylinda1

Jul 29, 2010
macrylinda1

Ive got ideas to use a heineken draught keg (the mini 5L kegs) as a gas tank. That is, after Ive emptied it of course!!

Anyway, Im stumped on a good mounting technique. I think the easiest way to do it would be to make a rack and mount it above the rear wheel. I rarely ever make things easy on myself though.

I would really prefer to make a channel in it and sling it over the toptube (for aesthetic purposes, i think this would look awesome!) I realized though that Id be creating two troughs essentially. Does this mean Id need two petcocks? How do other gastanks constructed in this fashion do it?
You'll need two petcocks into a "Y" fitting or a crossover. Basically a tube below the tunnel that connects the two halves. The tank pictured shows the two bungs near the top.