Worksman Pirate Bikes 123

GoldenMotor.com

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Pirate Cycles has opened a account with Worksman Cycles. We will soon be offering the worksman line of cruiser bikes and accessories to our customers. We will be working with worksman on a few different models. The basic C/B model will be called the Worksman Pirate Ship. Also, we will be offering a few deluxe models with upgrades. These will be known as the Worksman Pirate Ship Limited edition, and the Worksman Pirate Ship Deluxe, these bikes can be equipped with all the upgrades available by Worksman Cycles. We have been talking to Wayne on this project and it has finally been approved. They were a little reluctant to move forward with us, due to our industry. Instead, they ended up commending us on our commitment, then they gave us the go ahead to move forward.

Stay tuned for the Worksman Pirate Specials!! Coming Soon... .flg.
Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Thanks for the Support Guys, we are amped about this.
We will have the first ever "Flat Black" Worksman Bicycles on the market. Its a Pirate Special..

"Optional" features will include:

Worksman Industrial or Classic Frame Style
Colors: Flat Black (Pirate Edition), Metallic Silver, Chrome, and Racing Red
Front Drum Brakes
Kevlar Lined Tires
Puncture Resistant Inner Tubes
Exclusive Worksman Clincher Rims, 11 gauge spokes ".120- Thickest Spoke Used on any Bicycle"
Shimano CB- 110 Rear Coaster Brake Hub
Chrome Fenders

We will be talking to Jim about custom mounts for these bikes as well.

These will be offered as 123 do it yourself MB package. Complete bikes will be an extra $200.00 plus shipping for the larger box + Weight.

These will available after the New Year.

*Also as a precautionary measure to the new EPA ban in 2010*, we just Ordered/Received 100 of the New Domed piston PK80-J's*

Thats all for now, ()
Justin
prod1644123_av1.jpg prod1644123_av2.jpg prod1644123_av5.jpg prod1644123_av4.jpg

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if they're making the frames custom for you, try to get them without the welded on chaingaurd brackets. took an hour to grind the one on the seat tube off my buddy's bike to make the motor fit.

otherwise, cool deal. can't wait to see those steel monsters...

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
if they're making the frames custom for you, try to get them without the welded on chaingaurd brackets. took an hour to grind the one on the seat tube off my buddy's bike to make the motor fit.

otherwise, cool deal. can't wait to see those steel monsters...
Thanks Bairdco,
This is exactly what I'm looking for out of this post. Suggestions from people who have worked on these bikes before.

First I will see if Jim can make the motor mount high enough so the chain guard is out of the way, seeing its a issue. If I can keep it welded I would like to. One less thing to vibrate loose eventually. If not I will let Wayne from Worksman know that this is a problem with us motor-bikers. See if it can be left just screwed on. This guy is actually digging the whole motorbike thing. I love it!

Thanks Bairdco
Justin

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
the frame's a really tight fit. i wish i had pictures... there's three chainguard brackets, on the chainstay, seat tube, and down tube. the other two are fine, it's just the seat tube one. once that one's gone, you can still use the other two for the chainguard.

i dunno if you could get the motor to fit with that bracket there, even with custom motor mounts. like i said, it's tight. we had to go to a 36 tooth chainwheel (i think stock was 46t) and lower the chainguard and drill another hole in it to mount it.

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
the frame's a really tight fit. i wish i had pictures... there's three chainguard brackets, on the chainstay, seat tube, and down tube. the other two are fine, it's just the seat tube one. once that one's gone, you can still use the other two for the chainguard.

i dunno if you could get the motor to fit with that bracket there, even with custom motor mounts. like i said, it's tight. we had to go to a 36 tooth chainwheel (i think stock was 46t) and lower the chainguard and drill another hole in it to mount it.
Bairdco,
Spoke with worksman.. They said on the next batch of frames they do up, they will eliminate the seatpost chaingaurd weld for us. I did let them know this was a problem.. I will also ask if I can get the 36 tooth front sprocket from the factory as well. You stated that was the other problem. Am I reading that correct?

Thanks Again,
Justin

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
Bairdco,
Spoke with worksman.. They said on the next batch of frames they do up, they will eliminate the seatpost chaingaurd weld for us. I did let them know this was a problem.. I will also ask if I can get the 36 tooth front sprocket from the factory as well. You stated that was the other problem. Am I reading that correct?

Thanks Again,
Justin
not really a problem, but with a 36 it gives you more room. like an inch or so more because of the smaller diameter of the sprocket.

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
Justin,
I got into motorized bikes because they were somewhat inexpensive. But it looks like you will manage to lighten my wallet some more.

I cant wait to see how the the new bikes look.

Would you be open or interested in making any trades for your stuff? Like electric guitars, hole-punches etc? I can follow up with you on regular e-mail.

Thanks for the great service,
Kevin

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I remember calling worksmen about putting a motor on one of their bikes and they were totally against it. said something about insurance and it would give them a bad reputation. It's great that they changed their minds. I can't wait to see what you come up with. are you going to try to put a 4 stroke engine on one?

here is a cool story about them on NPR Nation's Oldest Existing Bike Maker Keeps On Rolling : NPR

Hi Max,

Thats great.. I love the history behind these bikes. Thanks..

Times change, economics change, and people change. Worksman took a look at what we wanted to do. Along with the numbers we were willing to work in. I honestly think they seen it as a business opportunity, rather than a risk of any sort. They knew we meant buisness when we proposed our deal to them.
We did have to work out some stuff with the names of the bikes. Like, once the bike is motorized the Worksman name comes off and the Pirate name goes on. OK with us!

As for the 4 stroke question.. We only use the 2 strokes at the moment.. If the markets calls out for a 4 stroke, then we will rig it up with a 4 stroke. We've been eye balling the grubee 4g4 kits as a contender. If you can suggest something, we listen as well.

Thanks for your input.
Justin

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Justin,
I got into motorized bikes because they were somewhat inexpensive. But it looks like you will manage to lighten my wallet some more.

I cant wait to see how the the new bikes look.

Would you be open or interested in making any trades for your stuff? Like electric guitars, hole-punches etc? I can follow up with you on regular e-mail.

Thanks for the great service,
Kevin
Kevin,
Your Welcome!
We can work with you. Send us a email of whatever you want to get rid of. We will tell you what we can give you in credit towards Pirate Parts. We watch Pawn Stars all the time on the history channel.

Pawn Stars - History.com

Justin

Last edited:

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Motorbicycling Members,

Just an update.. The Worksmans Cycles are complete and will ship on out on Monday. We will have pics coming soon.

Stay tuned for the first flat black Worksman Cycle to hit the market ever. Another Pirate Special....

Sportscarpat will be fabricating custom gas tanks for all ten of these Worksman bikes that will be offering.

As mentioned these bikes will be offered as 123 DIY packages and will include the following.

HD Worksman Bicycle w 36 tooth front sprocket
Motor Kit
Custom boardtracker Gas Tank W scotch brite finish and Pirate Emblems
Sprocket Adapter and Sprocket of choice.

We will Update Soon
Justin

troyboy

Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I'm expecting a tight fit. ill let you know soon enough Bosco. We've done what we could to get proper clearance from the factory. 36 tooth sprockets and what not.

Should be here by Friday.

Justin

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
If the Worksman bikes are as good as the wheels they sell, you will have a winner of a product line. I have the Worksman wheesl mounted on my Whizzer and you can't believe the difference in the feel. They made my Whizzer much more fun to ride. I'm a large guy and I always worried about wheel failure. I kept breaking spokes on the stock wheels. Worksman has my respect and building a complete motored bike system on one of their frames can only be a winner. Good luck.
Jim