What oil mix do I use on this engine?

GoldenMotor.com

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Hello. I just got a used bike from a pawn shop. The sticker on the engine says Mx5 superbike and made in korea. The engine looks well designed compared to the china engines. My biggest concern is what oil mix do I use ? I think its 25:1 on break in and 50:1 after. There isnt a whole lot on internet about this. Thanks in advance.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
There's tons of discussion on here on this subject. You could read every bit of it and still be scratching your head. This subject is also the one that causes the most grief on the forum.......

The best answer, I suppose, is to use a good quality , non-marine 2 cycle oil at the ratio that you feel comfortable with. Sorry, that's about as good as it gets.

(I did my break-in at 32:1 and have run it the past couple of years at 50:1 with Echo 2 cycle oil. Good luck!!)

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As xseler said, oil ratios can be debated until the cows come home but most 2 stroke engines will survive well on a 24 to 32:1 fuel/oil mix. I'm not familiar with your particular engine, have never seen one, but a 2 stroke is a 2 stroke and the ratios given above should be safe. Use a good quality 2 stroke, air cooled oil and you'll be good to go.

Good luck.

Tom