Spark plug/adaptor issues

GoldenMotor.com

Bleubiker

Jun 17, 2012
San marcos
Hey my name is Bleu and I bought a 48cc bicycle motor kit a few months ago. I've been lazy so I only recently started working on it. I ran into a problem where my spark plug doesn't fit my adaptor. I went to Lowe's to try and find one that does and they didn't have one small enough to fit. When I called the place that I had ordered my kit from they told they only had one type of spark plug so they couldn't understand my problem either. I ride my bike to work nearly everyday and this Texas furnace is starting to get to me... Any help and advice would be appreciated thank you!

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Do you mean the spark plug boot isn't fitting over the plug? Did you take off the terminal? It is threaded on for larger style boots but if you take it off the plug boot is fitted for the threads.

Bleubiker

Jun 17, 2012
San marcos
Here is a picture if my problem. The spark plug does not fit into the brass tube that I took out of the adapter so that we could easily see it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I just need a new adapter that the spark plug actually fits in?

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Here is a picture if my problem. The spark plug does not fit into the brass tube that I took out of the adapter so that we could easily see it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I just need a new adapter that the spark plug actually fits in?
The black terminal or nipple screws off on most plugs leaving a
threaded shaft that will fit into your "brass tube"

The other option is to upgrade your spark plug boot and wire which
also unscrews from the CDI.

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
you can do what you like but I tryed to use the stock boot an the vibration on the little spring clip wore through on mine (it was on a long ride had to hold dam thing on all the way home)so what I did was replace the boot and wire like it says in"classic instructions"with a boot that looked the same, ie Hard plastic,well it did the same thing,so I went to the motor cycle shop an the guy sold me a rubber on for dirt bikes.End of problems and you can leave the thread adapter on the plug.That's what I did,good luck,have a great time an BE SAFE!Later Bob

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The pics. below show spark plugs with and without the adapter on the spark plug. If you want to use a stock plug boot you need a plug that the adapter screws off of.

Attachments