Brooks saddle

GoldenMotor.com

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I have a similar looking saddle, the so-called "hairpin" saddle that was an option from SpookyTooth for my bike. Such a traditional looking seat really complements a bike with classic looking lines, such as the cruiser type bikes.

If that Brooks Saddle is of better quality than my hair-pin, I'd very much might like to have one.

If anyone has one, I'd like to hear more about it.

It is leather, right?

Brenton

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I used the Brooks B73 (first link) and it was the best seat I have used. I think it has plenty of springs but maybe Oskar383 is right that more are better. The leather needs some treatment and ahundred or more miles to break in usually. Brooks sells Proof Hide but Mink Oil water proofing helps too. Brooks has been very well finished both leather and steel / brass parts as long as I sold and used them.

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
i am getting that hair-pin "larg" seat from spooky tooth for my b-day..... as anyone used one? are they any good? they look great! thanks, jeff

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I have both a Brooks B67 saddle and a Large hairpin saddle from the Rideable replicas place.

You really can't compare the quality between them. The Brooks is far superior in quality and finish but as people have mentioned it is very expensive.

I would consider the Hairpin saddle to be of excellent value however. It may not be finished to standard of the Brooks but you get a lot for your money. The hairpin saddle is quite different from other saddles I have ridden. It is VERY large indeed. It was too big for my felt bike. It just looked out of place. I had to stick it on a large frame with 700 series wheels to make it look decent. It is sort of like sitting in a hammock. (I call it the banana hammock) The leather is suspended between the front and rear springs so it bows in the middle where you sit.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
The Rideable Replica hairpin is the saddle I got with my spooky tooth. I agree with your comments.

It's big, and I think the quality of the leather makes it seem... well, cheap. For the money, it's pretty good value, I think, but I was still disappointed in it. The Brooks looks from the pix to be very much nicer. And with the positive reports here, that's all I need to hear.

Brenton