schwinn spoiler sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
can someone help me with a sprocket choice ,I want to be able to keep the rear disc with my sprocket , hear is my idea get a 32 sprocket and 1/8 top hat from kings sales and service ,or use a 40 flat sprocket and use it as my disc because it is the same size as the stock disc ,I know the caliper will probably need remounting and adjusting any ideas would be great

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
I don't believe that would work. Im thinking if i was in your shoes I would jack shaft it and run chain on other side ma by even design a way to shift gears with it also that would all be easier than trying to use a chained sprocket as a disk break top hat idea might work but go a little more than 1/8 more clearance is way better than a little rubbing just my 2 cents tho im sure some here has actually done this and has experience with it i do not sounds like an awesome build tho

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
What adam said sounds right, do it right the first time. I agree that you should jack shaft it if you have the funds and or brains to do so :) It Can be done to make your sprocket your disc, but you would need to find a caliper wide enough to fit the thickness of your sprocket. This would probably mean getting a hydraulic caliper from a chinese scooter and making a mount to attach it to. This is not impossible, but I think for the trouble you would got through to make that system, a jack shaft system is easier. Good luck and tell us what you choose :)
-LS

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
It depends really on how skilled you are. If you have good fabrication skill, make your own, if not, Paul at Sick Bike Parts has designed THE HIGHEST QUALITY shift kit available, which will move your drive to pedal side. Just out of curiosity, what is the outer diameter of the rear wheel hub on that spoiler? The manic mechanic sprocket adapter from pirate cycles that is meant to fit an occ wheel might work... :D