Carb Primer Question

GoldenMotor.com

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Hi,
So I am very new to this bike and motor combination. I just got my motor mounted and my bike running yesterday and have been taking short trips. Super fun! Anyway, when I first tried to get the bike going, gas was flooding from the carb. I think was due to the fact that I was priming the carb too much. Is that a very likely possibility? I think it is because I have been putting very small amounts of gas in the tank so when I ran out and put more gas in, I primed the carb again and once again, gas started flooding from the carb. So the other question is: Do I ever need to prime the carb?
Thanks in advance for all your help and kind answers.
Sparks
P.S. I live by the golf course and the park and now I know what you all mean by "that look"

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Hi,
Based on a more thorough review of posts, I guess it's called the tickler and not the primer and I guess it does flood the carb so never mind about the question.
Thanks everyone.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeah - comin' from the guy in LA lol, I've been needing to use the choke a lil up here in the frozen northlands lately...

I wonder why :p

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Ya know I've never once primed mine I don't think and was sorta surprised when I noticed the button again- now I'm wondering if that button is where some of the gas is leaking....?