Whizzer Ride from Whittier to Huntinting Beach

GoldenMotor.com

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Well this passed Saturday I made the ride down to the donut shop in huntington beach.
Total of 50 miles. Started at 6:45 am got there 7:45 no traffic, weather was good and there was a good size crowd.
Only one other whizzer motorbike was there which was Dans, Dales machinist friend.
Dale was also there, I hadn't seen Dale since the El Dorado park (Long Beach) to huntington Beach ride some years back. Anyways I got invited to Dales house!
All I can say WOW!! I got to see dales bikes,shops, and a multitude of stuff!
He is truly a very gifted person.

The ride home went well at speeds between 30 to 35 mph.
Looking forward to the next time.

Ray

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It was totally my pleasure to host you for a couple of hours. I love your blue bike and what you've done to it. You taught me a lot about the later Whizzers that applies to the early models as well. Thanks and you're welcome any time.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I forgot to mention, while at the donut shop I also met Dales friend Bill. He has a 1999 wc-1 that's still in stock form. Has no spark, Dale and I will give it a tune-up, check for spark.
I've got some extra parts id like to give him to make his bike a little more reliable.
The head is one of them, it will have a reshaped combustion chamber, milled, and heat coated (Thermal) to help lower the hi temp.

Ray

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Very intresting got to see more. Had a chance to visit Dale but messed it up was suppose to meet him at the donut shop. But didn't happen will make sure next visit to CA that i don't miss it.....Love that donut shop and have to go back.......Curt

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I talked to Bill at Donut Derelicts this morning and he said he'll gather up all his Whizzer parts and let me know when Ray and I can work on it. He seemed pleased with our offer to help get it on the road.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
That's good news Dale, bend preparing a head to bump, raise the compression. Also will bring all the parts to make a hi-flow muffler too. Just one donut racie:) or maybe 2;)

Ray

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That ride sounds like a blast. When I lived in the OC, in the 80s, there were no motorized bikes around. I really had fun on my bicycles though. I could ride my road bike to Newport Beach and back during lunch. On the weekends, I liked to take my mountain bike to Silverado Canyon and Camelback Mountain.
I still take pedal rides, but I take the longer ones on my e-bike.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Yup we got it all here, i haven't gone up towards Santa Barbara or Venture, not sure if there's many motorbike guys there.
It's been awhile since we had a group ride here, most rides i done lately have been solo ones.
We need to do one when things warm up,to cold right now.

Check back soon, Dale might get something going.

Ray

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Ray,
Too cold, eh? And how cold is that, around 60 degrees above zero? I'd say put on a long sleeved shirt and go for it. Wear socks, too.

Ha, just having some fun. Our local record up my way is 64 degrees below zero on the thermometer, not wind chill. I remember that day, very nearly sitting on the wood stove to stay warm.

You guys are lucky to live in such a climate. On the other hand when it is too hot to ride there it will be a balmy 70 degrees or so up here by the border, so there is some justice in the world. It would be a great thing to be able to go on a group ride with you guys. Isn't going to happen for me, so please do take pictures when you go and share them. And not just pictures of bikes but also you guys so we can better imagine sharing the ride. Have fun and... stay warm.
SB

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I tried to post pics of the bikes SB,cause I'm gettin ready, i need to remaster that some how.
My brain (squirrel on a conveyor, fell off )just couldn't figure it out. DARN! !

RAY

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
SB it's a Whizzer V-Twin, one of three, not at liberty at this time. Sorry.
Some pics work and some don't, it's becoming to difficult to post pics, to many steps.

I have over 400 posted here, maybe it's time.

Ray

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well sir, it is a beautiful engine...

I hope posting pictures gets straightened out for you... we would miss your pictures.

Best to you, sir. By the way, the high to day was -14. When I finally got the snow blower to start found that the clutch deal for engaging the wheels was frozen with what I'm guessing is ice. Enjoy California. Stay warm.
SB