New member from LV, Kansas

GoldenMotor.com

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
Hello, I have just joined this forum service because I was looking around for a motor kit and came across it. I have found a lot of valuable information in this forum and hope that it will further help me in finishing my bike.

Right now my bike is in peices, I just bought it today. its an antique cruiser style bike, and it wasn't in great shape when I got it. A couple scratches hear and there, some rust on some not-so-important parts, but over all it looks pretty cool. It has an interal gear hub, which I will have to modify the sproket in the kit to fit it (kind of like how you have to mod it for certain brake systems) but that should be my only major bump in the road.

Attachments

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
Yeah the speedometer was the main reason why I bought the bike. I had always wanted a retro one, and I had found some online but I never got around to ordering one. I went to a friends house and found this bike in his shed and bought it off of him for $20. the speedometer needed a new cable and a gear for the wheel, but somehow my friend had a twin of this bike and he let me take the parts from it because the casing for the speedometer on that one was broken.

I'll be posting pictures of the finished product here in a couple of weeks, right now the project is on standby because I had to special order the tires and tubes (shop didn't have tires on site to fit British rims), and I just ordered my engine kit 6/5/09.

I attached some pictures of the bike half assembled if anyone is interested.

Attachments

p_lewis1016

Jun 5, 2009
Leavenworth kansas
Yeah, I already ordered one. I just ordered a generic 80cc 2 stroke kit from bikeberry.com, it should be shipping here soon. I've finally got the bike set up right, but I have to go get the shifter cable off of her twin at my friends house. Her hub looks a bit too big for the sprocket, but then again I'm not exactly sure how big the hole is. Hopefully just a little to small so I can just file it out and not have to do much else to it.

here is a picture of it semi-assembled with the rims.

Attachments