Culling All Cabs

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nearly killed by another cab today. I'm offering 50 cents (US) per ear to help thin their population. Same price as rats, which are slightly higher on the evolutionary scale.

Yesterday in another incident, an ancient asian driver waited, waited, and waited until I was almost on him to turn left in front of me. Went into a rear skid and managed to correct and avoid since he stopped in front of me halfway through his turn. He was coming in the opposite direction. I was in the middle of the lane wearing a white motorcycle helmet and a motorcycle jacket with dayglow yellow reflective stripes. Freaking idiot. Would have followed him but he was too old and had a handicapped thingy hanging from the mirror. It was broad daylight.

I need some kind of defense mechanism.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I am constantly gobsmacked and flabbergasted by all of the people I see who absolutely insist on driving yet make no effort at all to do so in a competent and serious manner.

I really do believe that, subconsciously perhaps, they feel that if they are actually unqualified to drive, then they are blameless for anything that happens.

Sorry to hear of this, chaz. And you have every right to be furious.

I honestly do wish that gasoline would go to $10/gallon. I'll do just fine. And I'll be smirking like that cat who swallowed the canary while I watch all of the people around me blubbering and crying.

(And just in case anyone wants to tell me that such a thing will destroy the economy....well.....I know it. But that's not really the point right now)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chaz, in the old country he couldn't afford a donkey and a cart made from a truck axle. Now he's in Canada the family bought him a Mercedes SUV. The only problem is he's using his daughters driving license.

My nephew is a an R.C.M.P. officer. You should hear his stories.

Glad you made it past him.

As for the cab driver. I feel you have done every rat in Canada a disservice by comparing them in any way to cab drivers.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
He's in Lichmond? The poor man. I can see the waving hands at the accident now and the pointing fingers as they scream "You Fah." at each other like it absolves them of any blame.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I gave up on looking radioactive and glowing in the dark after a seemingly healthy and nomal human being nearly drove through me in a sunlit petrol station. I henceforth knew I was invisible and endeavoured to find all possible escape routes in all possible situations.

They're not looking, listening or thinking. They're in nice safe boxes with their minds on a thousand and one things; unfortunately none of them is driving.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Chas, I hear you man.
I've been right across this country and a certain minority of the drivers get worse as you go west. I'd say that minority of drivers did not learn to drive in this country. You have some of the worst in every way. Entitled teens driving expensive cars while texting or like in The Fast and The Furious, and adults with no regard for rules of the road or courtesy at all.

While traveling the world one of the things people comment about North America and western Europe is the insistence with adhering to the rules of traffic. This and safer vehicles has lead to an ever decreasing accident and death rate. Our central and western cities are bucking this trend.

Luckily in the rural east here, when someone gives you the finger it means "you go first". Our largest problem is distracted drivers with cellphones.

Steve

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Steve Best has a point there. As bad as it is in the USA and Canada, apparently it's worse elsewhere.

Something I ought to double-check; when you say 'cab', do you mean a taxi driver or, perhaps, an immigrant from some part of the world?

Maybe it doesn't matter all that much. And maybe there's some overlap.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Whenever someone asks if I can call them a taxi, I reply as contemptuously as I can,"You taxi!"

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Blue, at least 95% of the cab drivers in Vancouver are east indian or pakistani. They are better drivers than the asians but they are extremely aggressive and give no ****e for your safety. They will dodge in and out of lanes and tailgate you six feet or less and then try to crowd you out of your lane. Truly, they are certifiably insane.

I'm thinking about a pistol paint gun with the balls filled with acid, flesh eating virus and radioactive waste. Anyone know where I can buy these?

Steve, I live two blocks away from Granville Street which is a main artery for the almost exclusively asian Richmond. Every day I see ferrari's, lambo's, maserati's driven by teenagers. Some of which sport the new driver sticker.

Its been thirty years since I was in London and Paris and the traffic was terrifying. Although, it all seemed to work. Paris was the worst with mopeds and scooters splitting lanes at full speed. Nuts!

Oh, the humanity.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chaz, have you noticed that the cars sold to Asians come with a handicapped stick already installed? I really enjoy waiting for a spot to open up in the handicapped parking just to see four Asians in their early twenties take the last available spot and run off to go shopping.
Not all handicaps show up but these kids are running as fast as they can to get into the store.

I saw on the news there are two little sh*t's that won't be driving their Lambo and Mclaren for the next week and have a healthy fine to pay. No mention of their names though. I would guess Mayor Moonbeam has put a stop to that because he doesn't want his major political contributors embarrassed.

Steve.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Oh, yes, Steve, another pet peeve of mine. The un-handicapped.

As far as the little ****s go, the sad fact is that they can easily afford any fines.

And, please stop calling him Mayor Moonbeam. That name is way to friendly. He is pure evil. A megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur. In case I'm not making myself clear I Hate His Guts and he's ruining my city. My blood starts to boil every time I hear his name. Damn, I gotta take a nap before my head explodes.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Family channel here so I had to go with that. Same level as our former and current Surrey mayors. Now I have to go back and work on the tri car to forget it all.

True about the fines. The $495 fines will just go on the credit card and be ignored.

Steve.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
As summer comes to the mountains of the Mogollon Rim, so do the Flatlanders. On a holiday weekend, getting around Heber on a MB is like dodging bullets. I tell everyone, on those days, dress how you want, they change your clothes before the funeral. No amount of bright color will stop stupidity.

Stay safe people, I think they're aiming.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
The Mogollon were an ancient Indian tribe that lived in the area long before the current Apaches and Navajo.

The Mogollon Monster is rumored to be a local, aggressive form of Sasquatch, with reddish brown hair quite similar to my own.

The Mogollon Rim is my home, and a beautiful area, rich in it's own unique history. Here was fought the Pleasant Valley War, the bloodiest conflict of it's kind in U.S. history. The story that inspired the movie Fire In The Sky, the tale of Travis Walton's alleged alien abduction, took place here, near a puddle called Turkey Springs. Come visit, play a round of golf, meet some friendly locals, spend a bunch of money, then go home by October, so I can have some peace and quiet! That's how us what live here feel anyhow.

Awesome place to be, but the visiting drivers have no courtesy at all. Nor do they have any regard to law, right of way, or the personal safety of themselves or others. Flatlanders we calls em. We hates em too, hates em real good. Screaming down the back roads on ATVs and side by sides, often with a beer in hand and a six pack in their system. Kids with no helmets or eye protection, clinging for dear life as daddy rocks through the gears on his Raptor, and people wonder why such a small town has such an active medivac helicopter... Idiots.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
So it was not a cab that has been a few time having me thinking that the other driver is just messed up. I know making a U-turn driving anything can be dangerous.

See here though. The traffic signal for left turn is on for me where U-turn legal. First car in front of me makes a U-turn. I follow and do the same half way around to see a CA right turn on red just forcing the issue and cutting me off as I brake to a stop half way through the green left turn, U-turn OK intersection. Maybe 3 lefts and a 1 right turn is a better idea. City bus I remember once also forcing a right turn on red.... that was more scary.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Here in Arizona, you only have to stop for a right hand turn (at a traffic light) to yield right of way for traffic, or if a light is present for that lane and is red.

Here on the mountain, every traffic light has a signal for the right hand turn lane, when approached from any direction. These signals are unilaterally ignored. This law should either be struck from the books, or enforced. I for one, would like to see it enforced, or better yet, obeyed.

This is not at all the same issue, but I had to say something.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-6-calls-cops-dad-150700195.html?nhp=1

Just saw this. Maybe right turn on red after stop is not understood by kid who call cops on dad.

Anyway I think it is you can go after stopping on the red, but go only if you give right of way to others on the green light.

That's where it gets me, mostly green U-turners are in confrontation with those who feel right turn on red has right of way even if you are at the point of a near head on collision.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Awesome place to be, but the visiting drivers have no courtesy at all.
Nor do they have any regard to law, right of way, or the personal safety of themselves or others.
Flatlanders we calls em.
We hates em too, hates em real good.
Awww, that was hurtful, ALL 'flatlanders' are idiots and poor drivers?
I live in Phoenix and neither of those.

Sure I can see some hostility to visitors cramping your style in summer, but WTF do you expect when us 'flatlanders' want to head to cooler temps in our own state for a weekend on a week like like this?

And what about Winter?
Everybody North of us clear into Canada come here, we call 'em Snowbirds and don't much care for them either, but tolerant.

Just put a strobe light on your handlebars if you want to be seen.
Works good regardless of who is driving.