What's your other ride?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
This is my bicycle hauler (sometimes).....2006 Nissan Altima. 100% down and $0 a month. It now has around 124,000 miles and still runs great. Got a K&N intake, header, cat back Magnaflow exhaust, etc. Seems like I 'tinker' with all my mechanical things!

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
04 king cab silverado 4x4.
i have put this poor thing through "PURE" ****.
it just crossed 90000 miles last week, at least 30-40% are off-road miles.
so far, i have spent $8 on parts.
i lucked out when gas hit $4 a gallon, i got it for $10,000
less than half price...

i know it doesn't book for that much, but it would still take a stack of cash to get it.

Attachments

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Cars are all so dull...

The "stable"

One of these days my stable will be neat & clean.

Yeah, one of these days - :)

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
This is my bicycle hauler (sometimes).....2006 Nissan Altima. 100% down and $0 a month. It now has around 124,000 miles and still runs great. Got a K&N intake, header, cat back Magnaflow exhaust, etc. Seems like I 'tinker' with all my mechanical things!
I know the feeling! I just got my fusion and I am ready to begin the modding. Trying to keep myself a little while longer though so I can appreciate it.

04 king cab silverado 4x4.
i have put this poor thing through "PURE" ****.
it just crossed 90000 miles last week, at least 30-40% are off-road miles.
so far, i have spent $8 on parts.
i lucked out when gas hit $4 a gallon, i got it for $10,000
less than half price...

i know it doesn't book for that much, but it would still take a stack of cash to get it.
Probably could get about $10k out of it during the winter when truck prices jack way up!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
THE other?
...well, here's the most recent...

Actually, it's too big for the short, fun-rides I do nowadays.
Something about a quart and a hundred lbs lighter would be handier.
...It was available when I had the cash.
rc

Attachments

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Hehe, yeah I know, I suck - :)

All my life I scrimped and saved and now it's time to spend & splurge!

You know what happened while I was scrimping and saving? Everything I loved died right in front of my eyes. My family, her family and even her. Then the dog died too and I was quite alone.

Now I have a new dog and a new girlfriend and a brand new BMW. And some pretty new other bikes too. I figure I got 20 years to have some fun (now 60, at 80 people pretty much just watch TV) and I plan to live it up!

After all the goal is to die broke right - :)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hehe, yeah I know, I suck - :)

All my life I scrimped and saved and now it's time to spend & splurge!

You know what happened while I was scrimping and saving? Everything I loved died right in front of my eyes. My family, her family and even her. Then the dog died too and I was quite alone.

Now I have a new dog and a new girlfriend and a brand new BMW. And some pretty new other bikes too. I figure I got 20 years to have some fun (now 60, at 80 people pretty much just watch TV) and I plan to live it up!

After all the goal is to die broke right - :)
I must say you are doing it right, I am headed in that direction myself. 1.4 until retirement at 55...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I didn't realize you had been down such a difficult road, Mike B. I'm glad things are improving for you more recently.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks, me too. About a year ago I had lunch with a woman I had worked with at my last job (the one I retired from) and she really lit me up. I thought I was ready. She got me thinking about my new life instead of my dead wife. But she had a boyfriend.

So I hit a couple of the "dating sites" on the internet and had a lot of dates and even a couple of girlfriends that didn't work out. But the last one had 5 dogs and that was fun and she got me going on getting a new dog. Which I did around last Christmas.

And the new dog loved the dog park so I took her regularly and that's where I met my current girlfriend. Yup, she has a dog too.

So the internet dating thing didn't work so well, but it got me a dog which lead to meeting a woman with shared interests at a place of mutual interest. Which is really the best way to meet people.

So the moral of the story is if you want something you really have to work it. Keep at it and don't give up. And I knew that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life alone. Dog or woman wise - :)