Full Auto Fun!

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I saw one of these and I just had to buy it. Bulk CO2 powered fully automatic machine gun. Yeah Baby!

http://air-ordnance.com/

Mine came today and I wasted no time;

The loose stuff on the left was single shot sight in, but the rest was full auto bursts at 10 meters. Sweet!

Full Rock & Roll backyard fun!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, if it was you couldn't just order 'em up off the internet.

It's an "airgun" and it doesn't even have the power of a .22 rimfire short. Not even as strong as as my RWS Diana 34. But way stronger than an airsoft.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
This is not for stopping or scaring intruders.

This is for backyard fun. Like playing "shoot out the red star and win a prize"

If you want to stop or scare intruders get a dog and a shotgun.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Or at least scare them off.
an ordinary paintball gun with the gas turned up high loaded with .68 calibre vinyl riot balls would do better.
"a starlted intruder has a fifty percent chance of running away or retuning fire, an incapacitated intruder has a ten percent chance of doing either" -badly paraphrased quote I can't even remember where I heard

this thing looks like a heluva-pellet gun though, reminds me of one I shot attached to a pintle at a fairground. I was so bad at aiming it, the carney kept giving me free reloads.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Well, I have a dog but I'm not sure how well he would defend the house given the fact that he is very used to contact with strangers and loves attention a lot. No, I won't get rid of him and no, I won't get another dog. One is enough, and this dog is a member of the family and is treated as such. When we got him, he'd been abused and neglected by his previous owner and I have a very soft spot in my heart for abused animals, so I gave him a lot of attention and I take full responsibility for his current disposition. But I'm still not replacing him. I can't legally own a shotgun for reasons I don't care to disclose, draw your own conclusions there. So some sort of pellet or projectile launching device that doesn't fit the legal definition of a firearm is the next best alternative. It won't kill anyone and it may not even stop them, but it might scare them off. I guess I could also get a sign that says beware of dog and put it in my window. I live in an apartment complex. Every apartment has it's own outside entrance, so no real security besides the deadbolt on my door. Its a good deadbolt, and there is a thing on the door it's not a lock it's somewhat similar to a chain but it's not a chain, it's a latch of some sort I guess you might call it. Anyway, you can never be too careful. If someone wants in, they're getting in. They can break my front window and jump in, or maybe if they're strong enough, kick the door down or just pry it open with a crowbar. Right now it doesn't seem very likely because it's a fairly decent neighborhood, but that can change. Anyway, I just want a legal way (legal for me) to protect myself and my family.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
As long as the dog barks at strange noises, you should be fine. You really don't want a dog that bites, just barks.

The bad guys would rather just skip a house with a barking dog and go elsewhere.

They know that the dog has alerted the residents who are now loading the shotgun.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
DTV, are you allowed any sort of bird scaring device that fires nothing, but makes a really impressive bang?

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I'm sure that would be fine. If it fires nothing, it cannot be considered a weapon. In the USA, state and federal law defines a firearm as a weapon that discharges a projectile by ignition of a combustible substance. Therefore no bang, it's not a firearm.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
here in canada the definition includes a feet per seccond rating (forget what it is specifically though) this means some air rifles and pellet guns are considered firearms by law, and some muskets are not.
it also means that some pellet guns are fireams with one ammo and not with another.

my country is wierd!