New engine piston in parts

GoldenMotor.com

LizaLaw

Sep 12, 2014
Morro Bay, CA
Hello Gentlemen, Liza here. I got a new engine because my old one was cracked. Problem is, the piston is not assembled and I do not want to look at it anymore. I understand how it is supposed to be but do not understand how to get it together. I'll post a pic as well. Please help with specific instructions. Thanks so much. Liza

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
only important thing to remember is that the pins in the piston that align the rings must be on the back where the intake is

when putting piston on the rod DO NOT drop any of the clips into the bottom of the motor & be SURE they are well into the grooves made to hold them

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Its easier to put the piston in from the bottom. The cylinder has a chamfer that will guide the rings into the cylinder. Oil everything well align the piston and rings and easily work the rings into the cylinder. No ring compressor is needed. I assemble the piston into the cylinder on the work bench and stop pushing the piston just before the wrist pinhole enters the cylinder. Install one circlip. place the piston on the rod and install the wrist pin and remaining circlip, then install the cylinder on the engine. don't forget to put the gasket on first!
It can be done either way but why fight with a ring compressor if you don't have to.