Bird dog distributing- any experience?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I've been getting ready to buy some parts, so I looked into the local gasbike distributor, Bird dog dist.
They have an A BBB rating. They seem to have some pretty bad reviews, but no mention of gasbikes or engines, just lighting stuff.
Curious to know if anyone here has had any interaction with this company?
Thanks!

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I've been getting ready to buy some parts, so I looked into the local gasbike distributor, Bird dog dist.
They have an A BBB rating. They seem to have some pretty bad reviews, but no mention of gasbikes or engines, just lighting stuff.
Thanks!
I have had several dealings with this company and I have to say
AAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
always got the parts right in fact just ordered 1 piston ring 49cc
and they sent 2 bless their hearts. couldn't afford both at the moment
and remember they do have some bad reviews and leave them up for
all to see unlike other companies who actively delete and censor bad reviews
IMHO

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Same here, I've bought several parts from them and they always send out the right parts fast. They have only got my order wrong once, sent me piston rings instead of a main output shaft seal. But after a couple of photos and a short phone conversation they sent me out the right parts. I was surprised that they answered there phone right away.
A+ dealer

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I ordered a part from them and for some.reason was not able to select the shipping option I wanted at checkout. I called and they upgraded my shipping for free. Great customer service.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks!
Bird Dog's motorized bike website is www.Bicycle-Engines.com

Bicycle Engines is the sole importer and seller of that Grubee Stage III
gearbox on your bike. They are the only place for you to get parts for it.

They are a good company to deal with.

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
I ordered 2 - wide cranksets, they arrived with 2 left cranks that were shorter than the right and all scratched up. They told me I must be wrong, they only carry one kind. I sent them pictures to prove it. They wouldn't send me the correct ones until they received the wrong ones back from me. So they held the parts I had paid for hostage until they received THEIR MISTAKE back. The whole process took a couple weeks. I'm not inclined to deal with them again.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I ordered 2 - wide cranksets, they arrived with 2 left cranks that were shorter than the right and all scratched up. They told me I must be wrong, they only carry one kind. I sent them pictures to prove it. They wouldn't send me the correct ones until they received the wrong ones back from me. So they held the parts I had paid for hostage until they received THEIR MISTAKE back. The whole process took a couple weeks. I'm not inclined to deal with them again.
Although rare in some instances not so much in others depending on the company
This is exactly why I say document everything photo box as arrives
with date time stamp photo, as you open and thru the check out,
if they are then giving you c*** file a dispute don't D*** with them.
oh and keep the parts unless informed by credit company to give back.

and although I don't like their one shot freewheel bearing I have never
had bad service from them, but I don't place an order from them
unless it's thru the phone. EVER

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Thanks for all the feedback!

Bicycle Engines is the sole importer and seller of that Grubee Stage III
gearbox on your bike.
Well damn... that's somethin.

Why don't one of you guys machine up a couple hundred of these things with better everything? A third of the people here (including me) would buy one. Then, 120 days later you're looking for a bigger facility, and so on and so on.
From reading, I know that there are people here who are overqualified to do this work. SOMEBODY take the plunge- design, manufacture, office, sales, legal etc etc. You would at least know that you have a ready market...

"What's that?" "It's an 'American Girl' motor bike."

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
The update: Today I went to Bird Dog Dist. They have a pretty nice place. It's a warehouse with a guy mailing parts and building gasbikes. Good guy, seemed to know what he was talking about. They have shelves of what look like factory parts for these bikes. Chain tensioners, gears, gas tanks, heads, mufflers, chains etc. The guy said they do repairs too. I'm going to ride out there the next time it's above 40, he said he wants to take a look at my bike. They've been selling kits for 4 or 5 years, so that's good I suppose. He looked surprised to see me come in, seems they don't do much local business. That might explain why I don't see any gasbikes around... a large percentage of people here own bicycles too. Odd.

roadrockett

Feb 2, 2013
gilroy california
hey Trey ... yes very good experience ordered wide crank stock muffler Monday and forgot to order a new throttle so I did and it got here on wed (usps).the orig order will be here Friday (fed-ex)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
During a recent forced pedaling situation:) I stopped at Bird Dog and the fella let me use his plug wrench to do a check. They seem to be an import lighting company that found they could make some fednotes selling gas bike kits. Nothing wrong with that, and they have at least one person who likes these contraptions! They seem to have alot of OEM kit parts on hand.