The Blizzard of 2013

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The weathermen are in their glory, plenty of face time for them. They are calling for 1-2 feet possibly up to 30 inches. Wonderful. I'm all stocked up just came back from the big box with some extra candles, chips, board games for the kids. Thought it would be cool to start a thread maybe guys who are affected can post some pictures and stories. You warm weather guys can rub it in our faces.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Snow? No worries... but as I'm an average of 15' or so from the water this;

Coastal Flood Warning...high tide at portland is expected to be 11
feet around 10 am saturday. Strong north-northeasterly winds may
push storm tides to around 13 feet. Offshore seas of 25 to 30
feet or more in addition to the already high tides are expected
to result in moderate to possible major coastal
flooding...
...has me a touch concerned lol ;)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I'm not too worried either, more worried about going crazy trapped with the Mrs., a 3 and 5 year old in the house. Now I know how my dad felt in 78

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
It seems that as the years pass, the media becomes more and more alarmist. I'm on Long Island now, and last night at around rush-hour I was dumbfounded to see huge car-lines queuing up at gas stations along my route á la Hurricaine Sandy. The local Stop & Shop wasn't any better, checkout lines filled with panicky soccer-moms, carts filled with "survivalist essentials". We're expecting only 1-foot, but it'll be enough to empty the roads. I look forward to it, my motorized bicycle has some beefy mountain-bike knobbies that handled great in the last dusting we got. I'll be out later and will take pics.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Just got back from Vegas in time to get the snow blowers out. Glad that I didn't put the sb engine on a bike!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
We get it here, and it makes foreigners laugh - "Country paralysed! 6 inches of snow! Schools and offices shut!"

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
south eastern CT.....already around 6" on the ground and the wind and snow is ramping up now to blizzard conditions....its a biggie

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I really need to pick up a GoPro. I just got in from a 3-mile ride from my local gin-mill. There is a bus-line from there to my final destination, and I'd planned to use the service home since they have frontend bike-racks. Well, that bus was stuck on a hill in Setauket, NY, and the bus driver and I had a laugh as I sped off on my motorized bicycle. Took 25A from Setauket to Stony Brook, and I basically owned the road. I actually ended up passing a nervous slowpoke and passed about 5 incapacitated vehicles (hazards flashing...parked sideways across the highway). These little China Girls really shine in situations like these; just make sure you take it "slow", and have good tires.

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
The camera on that robot would get buried the first 2ft. if it could move that far here today.

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
Thank you and him for the ride.Gave me a smile. Picking away at the driveway to get to the road. A good 2ft. here too.Then there is the drifts,my whole driveway.