A Thank you for great customer service.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just wanted to give a tip of The Fasteddy Hat of Excellence to Paul at Sick Bike Parts.

I just bought a 48v Cyclone mid motor from him and the service was wonderful and speedy. Paid late in the day and it was on the road the next day. He answered a lot of questions very quickly and in great detail.
I have photos of the great packing and the kit as it arrived.

Kudos to the United States Post Office and the Canadian Postal Service for getting it here in a week.

Paul doesn't have these motors listed on his site so you will have to ask him about them.

www.sickbikeparts.com or 1-206-817-6901.

A huge Thank You also to KCvale for posting about them on his thread.

Click on the photo and it will take you to the rest of them.

Steve.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Good to hear Eddy
It's good to hear good reviews rather than a trash thread every once in a while. We took a customer service class one time at a hotel I was working at put on by the propaganda dept (human resources) and the figures were you were 10 times as likely to tell about a bad experience than a good one. Way to go Sick Bike Parts

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chainmaker,
Thank you. As I said it was a great buying experience and I though it may help others trying to make a decision to buy one and believe me if it had been bad I would have posted that and why it was as well.
I would have done it without wildly slandering the seller which seems to be the normal way these days. That always makes me wonder about the person who posted it and just how tight their wrapper is.

I think everyone has, over the years, been hard used by a seller and the urge to stop everyone you see and tell them about it is over whelming. Find a good deal and only your best friends hear about it normally. Kind of like the secret fishing spot.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
d_gizzle,

Don't know if that is the reason why or not but I can tell you that what I paid for a
1200w motor kit was way below what a 500w kit is advertised for on the web site and that includes the shipping here to Canada..

I take the deals where I can get them. :p

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sorry, I don't like talking about prices but I paid $439 landed here in British Columbia. It was $399 and $40 shipping.

Strictly my personal thoughts on why Pablo is holding off advertising the electric motors. He is a full service, no crap parts, you have to be a happy customer, person. First thing he asked me before the price was mentioned was, did I have a source for batteries. This is a major problem with electric bikes. Just too many shoddy battery sellers. He did say that he had returns with the Cyclone batteries and he wasn't happy with them.
Ping batteries have withstood the test of time and are well regarded. Cell-man, now EM3ev has an equally solid reputation as well.

As Pablo said he is looking for a supplier that will stand up and help if there are problems. A battery maker in the U.S. would be a huge bonus. Lithium batteries need to have special handling and packing when they are being shipped and as Pablo said he needs to make more than $10 on a battery to make it worth while. When you have to lay out hundreds of dollars to buy these batteries and handle them until they are sold and then make peanuts on them so you can sell a $400 motor just isn't good business.
There are those of us who really like them and the market is growing so it's good business sense to get in to the market.

I think once the reliable battery supply source is found they will be on the board with the rest on his products.

Steve.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If it has the SBP logo,I'd probably buy it. And that price.....that's just too sweet. Might have to start looking for some batteries.....

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Thanks man. We try. Electric stuff has been slow going with lots of cash tied up.

We cannot endorse Cyclone batteries. Too many failures - seriously all our 36V batteries failed. It's just the way it is. Ping seems OK so far. I need to learn more about EM3ev. I think I have posted this before: We really don't want to be a battery retailer if we only turn $10 on a $800 item that is a long delivery, slow mover, heavy - and as stated someone can just go out (from China) and buy on their own for about the same price we pay. It's a lot like our decision on not selling engines.

Thanks again,

Paul and Jim

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Paul & Jim,
I am reluctant to discuss your business since I know nothing about it but just gathered up what you told me and my own business experience.
One of, if not the leading expert on electric bikes lives in Vancouver 25 miles away. He owns the endless-sphere forum for electric vehicles and has a degree in electrical engineering as well as owning ebikes.ca.
He designed and builds the Cycle Analyst that everyone uses.

I have a friend who knows him and told me about all the disappointments he went through let alone the costs to get his business going. Just nothing like ordering a container of hub motors and wheels only to find out that the factory that promised you the world sent you all thier returns as being new. With China it's send us the money and hold your breath because if you don't like what you got sue us here in China.

EM3ev is a British chap who started a business building batteries in China and now through a lot of hard work and honest dealings has emerged as one of the top battery suppliers.

I can't wait to get the bike going but have to wait another three months or so unless I want to ride with a snorkle as you know.

Steve