bike christmas gifts

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thought Id start a thread for everyone to show off the bike gifts everyone got. Lets see em!
Well as far as what I got as a gift my wife got me a classic bicycle 2013 calendar for my shop wall but that's it.

As far as business gifts go I got prepaid orders for a 7-speed electric shifter trike, a 4-stroke 3-speed Macargi Tahiti shifter bike, and sold a pre-built 66cc DD ;-}

As far as what I'd like for Christmas MB related it would be someone responsible and reliable I could trust to do most of the wrench turning in the shop.

I have 2 years+ training into a local MB guy but he went over the edge smoking 'get stupid' herbals to start the day when he got here if he got here at all, and then proceeded to cost me time and money again and again for screw-ups until this last final straw...

He somehow stripped out a head bolt in the case on a new Skyhawk 48cc for a bike that had a buyer, didn't tell me and left early saying it was ready and tested.
I haven't seen or heard from him since and needless to say I didn't sell the bike and pretty embarrassed about it.

Granted maybe it was a rare factory flaw, but that doesn't excuse him not telling me.

I do however find this so ironic if it is the motor I had to take this picture.
Now please note that all I use for 2-strokes is Skyhawk's so I have a lot of empty boxes I save for times like now.

It is winter citrus harvest time in my backyard now and I used that very 48cc motor kit box to haul some in.

I will probably regret posting that pic as I really do like the Skyhawk motor kits but hey, how can you take an ironic pic like that and not share it hehehehe ;-}

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I got a few things for my motorless cruiser. Maxxis 2.5 tires and a dual crown fork.
Note my redneck engineerered kickstand extention. Going from 1.75 to 2.5" tires made the old kickstand too short.
I'll be needing to replace the front brake cable with a longer one before it snaps.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
This cruiser will not be motorized. I have to keep it unmotorized so that I can ride it in the Tour de Fat, Critical Mass, etc. It would be difficult to motorize with the Nexus rear hub too.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
GasX- The fork was made by RST. It was a new takeoff so I don't know the model name and it has no decals. Got it on EBay for under 50 bucks. The front drum hub is Arai; yes it was also an under $50 item on EBay.
I like the appearance of the Arai drum brake but the Nexus drum/rollers give stronger braking performance.